You have a call.... try this one

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Could be possible sepsis based on the pt's general impression and past medical hx. Care would be NRB mask @ 15lpm, with continuous pulse ox. Place pt into shock position if pt. can tolerate this. Frequent V.S. B.P. checks in both arms for and call for a ALS intercept STAT!:)

MeaganIV

Forum Crew Member
No BVM unless Pts ventilations are under 10 or above 30 or Pt is unconscious and will accept an OPA.

18 is with in the 12-20. You can always see if he will accept vents but more then likely he will reject it. Apply NRB @ 15lpm.

MeaganIV

Forum Crew Member
Oh yeah, your last post said 18. My bad.

Then see if he'll accept it...

In my experience they haven't but you never know. If not then coach his breathing, try to get him to calm down...

MeaganIV

Forum Crew Member
IV, NS, TKVO due to lung sounds, if no crackles on ausculation then i would administer a bolus 20ml/kg but c'est la vie. Transport trendelalenburg , 02 via BVM @ 15lpm if Pt accepts it, if not NRB @ 15lpm. Treat my shock.

I'm thinking Pulmonary edema due to left sided CHF... Renal failure is a possibility

MeaganIV

Forum Crew Member
*treat for shock

grammarose

Forum Ride Along
I think i would see if I can't have dispatch tone for ALS and get them in route. This guy sounds septic but also is very ill. I would probably assist him in his breathing, since it is fast and shallow and 32. Get him on the stretcher and move meeting ALS on the way.