Yall, I DID IT!!!

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
(PS, for those that don't know, my little girl was hit and killed by my husband on his bulldozer on August 31st this year. Her official cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head and neck. I was almost 1/2 way thru EMT-I when it happened. I've been riding on occasion with the paramedic who worked on Caroline here in Newnan where we live.)

Anyway, y'day we get a call to a fall in an industrial section of town. I happen to be riding with the guy who worked on Caroline (we work very well together, btw!!) We pull up, its a bulldozer/front end loader tractor manufacturing place. The guy had head trauma from falling from the tractor onto the concrete. Both paramedic and I went white when we saw that we were responding to a tractor injury. For me, that feeling lasted about .04 seconds then we did our job with no other thought.

I'm going to be able to do this! There is definately NO DOUBT!!!

OP
OP
E

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
And, in my 6 ride alongs, this was my second traumatic tractor injury, 3rd if you count Caroline. My first day I had a man severe his brachial artery after getting his shirt caught in his auger.

Tractors are my enemy lately!!

firecoins

IFT Puppet
keep working through it.

indygirl14

Forum Crew Member
Erin,
I'm so glad to hear that you are doing as well as you are. I've been following your story and I'm so "proud" of you!!