Xopenex vs Albuterol and Atrovent with Son

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTLRD

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone. I came to this thread by random and glad I did. I am hoping that if anyone still reads it can give me some input and Vent seems to be on top of all the information.

My son (5 years old) developed Pneumonia and his doctor had him take Albuterol in a Nebulizer. However after the first couple doses he developed a Tachycardia of about 160 BPM. Considering that he was born a premie with a Tachycardia for the first 3 months I stopped the treatment and consulted a different doctor. She acknowledged the Tachycardia and is treating my son with Atrovent Neb and so far he does not have any side effect as far as HR. She states that Atrovent does not increase the HR which is what I'm reading online as well.

How safe is Atrovent and main thing how quick does it act? If you had to compare Albuterol vs Atrovent in benefits and risks what would they be?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
No Medical Advice
  • To ensure the safety of all members, EMTLife members are not allowed to provide or seek medical advice via the forum, private message, or via EMTLife's email feature. Information contained on or made available through EMTLife is not intended to and does not constitute medical advice or recommendations of any kind. Members seeking medical advice or treatment should contact their physician or local emergency services.

http://www.emtlife.com/misc.php?do=cfrules

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
First, welcome to EMTLife!

As Aidey pointed out, your post is against our community rules, as we don't provide medical advice.

It's best if you speak with a medical professional regarding your son's condition and reactions to medical treatments.

This thread will be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.