Written test exam for AMR

Vinceh

Forum Crew Member
Haven't posted here for awhile. Recently testing with a few companies in NorCal, one being AMR. I have a written test scheduled this coming week and was wondering if anyone has taken it and or could I get a heads up on the questions being asked. Is it similar to NREMT? any help would be greaty appreciated.

Vince

OP
OP
Vinceh

Vinceh

Forum Crew Member
Thanks pal. I haven't been on in awhile. Really have enjoyed EMS since being hired back in December. Really looking forward to my continued growth.

Vince

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Haven't posted here for awhile. Recently testing with a few companies in NorCal, one being AMR. I have a written test scheduled this coming week and was wondering if anyone has taken it and or could I get a heads up on the questions being asked. Is it similar to NREMT? any help would be greaty appreciated.

Vince

Mine was similar to NREMT and my Final for EMT class.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Good timing for this thread. I have an interview Tuesday at AMR so I had been searching for threads about the testing :D

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I went to Crafton Hills College in SoCal. Alot of AMR divisions operate differently. For my division I also had to do skills testing at my interview. Other divisions don't require you to take or pass their skills testing. Also the interview process is probably gonna be different. Some divisions have group interviews and others just have solo interviews.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I'd put apps out for other companies in the area as well, word in the street is that AMR isn't doing to hot out here...

I hear alot of good and bad things about AMR. But that's the same about every company. I'm not sure on NorCal but down in SoCal AMR is expanding widely. They just bought another ambulance company.

EXPERTrookie209

Forum Probie
Same here. Some people worship the ground AMR walks on, others could care less if they packed up and left.

AMR recently lost their 911 contracts in Alameda and Contra Costa counties, apparently those were their largest money making contracts in the nation. There is two other contracts up for bid later this year in my area, and several large facilities have publicly voiced their displeasure with them many times. I guess only time will tell, but I know there's a few companies aiming for those contracts.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Same here. Some people worship the ground AMR walks on, others could care less if they packed up and left.

AMR recently lost their 911 contracts in Alameda and Contra Costa counties, apparently those were their largest money making contracts in the nation. There is two other contracts up for bid later this year in my area, and several large facilities have publicly voiced their displeasure with them many times. I guess only time will tell, but I know there's a few companies aiming for those contracts.

I got on at AMR because I really wanted to do 911. Im not a fan of IFTs. But I still do IFTs without complaining.

EXPERTrookie209

Forum Probie
I don't blame you one bit lol. I don't think anyone goes through school to work as an IFT EMT for the rest of their career. I'm between a rock in a hard place. I work for the second largest provider in my area (AMR being the first) which happens to be an IFT company, besides our one ALS station in a small community down the road. My company, along with others I'm sure, is one of the companies aiming for the contracts out here. The way things go with us is if you leave, be prepared to never come back. The reason that puts me in a bad spot is that if I leave to work for AMR and they lose their 911 contracts out here, I'm stuck doing the same work I was before, with no chance of getting back on an ALS rig unless AMR wins the contract back in who knows how many years. For now, I'm just going to put up with the wonderful world of IFT's and see what happens.

Not trying to bash you or AMR, I'm sure they're a great company to work for, and of course you have the added bonus of running 911 calls. If I got the opportunity to work for AMR before I took this job, I'm sure I would have taken it. Now I just don't want to screw myself over from working ALS in this area lol

CAPilot55

Forum Crew Member
I don't blame you one bit lol. I don't think anyone goes through school to work as an IFT EMT for the rest of their career. I'm between a rock in a hard place. I work for the second largest provider in my area (AMR being the first) which happens to be an IFT company, besides our one ALS station in a small community down the road. My company, along with others I'm sure, is one of the companies aiming for the contracts out here. The way things go with us is if you leave, be prepared to never come back. The reason that puts me in a bad spot is that if I leave to work for AMR and they lose their 911 contracts out here, I'm stuck doing the same work I was before, with no chance of getting back on an ALS rig unless AMR wins the contract back in who knows how many years. For now, I'm just going to put up with the wonderful world of IFT's and see what happens.

Not trying to bash you or AMR, I'm sure they're a great company to work for, and of course you have the added bonus of running 911 calls. If I got the opportunity to work for AMR before I took this job, I'm sure I would have taken it. Now I just don't want to screw myself over from working ALS in this area lol

I love working at AMR. I think they treat me well. And yes the ALCO contract was lost. But the Contra Costa contract was not, the Santa Clara contract was. And who knows if Rural Metro will be able to financially sustain running 911 in the bay area, same goes with PPlus in ALCO. Only time will tell.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I love working at AMR. I think they treat me well. And yes the ALCO contract was lost. But the Contra Costa contract was not, the Santa Clara contract was. And who knows if Rural Metro will be able to financially sustain running 911 in the bay area, same goes with PPlus in ALCO. Only time will tell.

Same here. I think AMR treats me really well and I really like working for them. And there have been rumors of rural metro possibly closing down or losing contract in San Deigo. But they are rumors so I'm not believing them yet.

Fbarba123

Forum Lieutenant
Did you do your EMT class at mjc?

Is peggy still there teaching the first responders class?