Wound Care - EMTs Needed Full-Time, Englewood, CO Swedish Medical Center Campus

MedicMike08

Forum Ride Along
The Center for Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine® (CFWH) provides management and consulting services to healthcare hospitals in the area of wound care and hyperbaric medicine. By focusing on the needs of the patients as well as the partners we serve, The Center for Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine® is able to bring advanced wound healing strategies to many communities around the country. Responsible for ensuring compliance in the program’s safety on behalf of the patients, company, and hospital.

The wound care technician will resume responsibility for patients while undergoing wound care treatments and procedures and/or hyperbaric oxygen therapy.

The wound care technician will work closely with the RN Manager, HBO safety director, Office Manager, Program Director, and physician(s) in the coordination of patient care and make recommendations in procedures for the operations and maintenance of the wound and hyperbaric program.

Qualifications & Training:

Currently Licensed/Certified EMT, MA, or with state or national licensure/certification.
Valid Driver’s License with positive driving history.
Current BLS from an approved agency.
Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.

Excellent pay and benefits for all full-time positions!

Contact Michael Villarreal at 303-788-6660 or email: villarrealm@centerforwoundhealing.net.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Nothing to do with EMS but sounds like a really good opportunity for someone wanting to segue to nursing/advanced practice.

OP
OP
M

MedicMike08

Forum Ride Along
I was a firefighter/paramedic for several years but after a couple of injuries and a battle with PTSD, I chose to move on. Working in woundcare and hyperbaric medicine allowed me to utilize my medic license and to become a certified hyperbaric technologist. I climbed the ladder and took on a management role.
Over all it was a good choice for me and possibly for someone looking for a change of pace.

Summit

Critical Crazy
Single or multiplace chambers?

Do you pay for a DMT cert or offer a pathway to CHT?

OP
OP
M

MedicMike08

Forum Ride Along
Single or multiplace chambers?

Do you pay for a DMT cert or offer a pathway to CHT?

We have 5 monoplace chambers. The majority of treatments are for chronic illness. We do have chambers reserved for the hospital's burn unit, mostly treating carbon monoxide patients in the winter.

We do offer a pathway to become a CHT, after a 90-day probation period. As of right now, courses are being held only online due to COVID.

Last edited:

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Where are you based out of? A little googling (All be it while sleep deprived) didn't find much. At least during my cursory search.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.