Would You Tell

EMERG2011

Forum Crew Member
Honestly, I'd rather be safe than sorry. Granted, most of the calls recieved on my service are drunken college students who are usually covered in whats affectionately known as "vodka-vom," but I've always been a person who believes in Murphy's laws - so the one day you dont go right in with the gloves will be the day that you have the PT with AIDS or MRSA or some other equally nasty disease.

2 pairs is a bad idea though, the friction or rubber on rubber can easily tear itself.

Not really - surgeons double glove themselves before all procedures, including 10, 12, and 15 hour procedures, using either nitrile or latex gloves, and rarely if ever have gloves wear off from the friction of the gloves on each other. Just a cool tidbit I wanted to add in.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
Honestly, I'd rather be safe than sorry. Granted, most of the calls recieved on my service are drunken college students who are usually covered in whats affectionately known as "vodka-vom," but I've always been a person who believes in Murphy's laws - so the one day you dont go right in with the gloves will be the day that you have the PT with AIDS or MRSA or some other equally nasty disease.

Not really - surgeons double glove themselves before all procedures, including 10, 12, and 15 hour procedures, using either nitrile or latex gloves, and rarely if ever have gloves wear off from the friction of the gloves on each other. Just a cool tidbit I wanted to add in.
Yes but suregeons rarely touch completely dry surfaces. trust me when i have had two pairs on and they rip for me all the time, granted i have never tried it with nitrile, i still don't trust it myself.