would this job count towards my EMT hours?

killyourscene

Forum Ride Along
I got a job offering from an environmental company as a first responder/ haz mat team. The pay is alot better so I may go for it no matter what the out come is as far as me getting the hours I ned for medic school. I would just like to know if the hours i put in would count. anyone know?

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
What do your state laws & regulations say? What about the school's requirements?

OP
OP
K

killyourscene

Forum Ride Along
i have no clue at all. I would be doing BLS just like an EMT B would. I'll check online to see what the requirements are for the school I want to go to (crafton hills college)

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
I got a job offering from an environmental company as a first responder/ haz mat team. The pay is alot better so I may go for it no matter what the out come is as far as me getting the hours I ned for medic school. I would just like to know if the hours i put in would count. anyone know?

Are you referring to an entry requirement for medic school or actually clinical hours while in medic school????

Entry requirement maybe, depends on your school. Most around my hometown do not require experience so you could apply straight out of "B" class.

Hours for medic school clinical time, not a hope in he!!............................

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Hey, Kill????? It might have been helpful earlier to post where you are.
Now, according to http://www.craftonhills.edu/Courses...Emergency_Medical_Services/EMSPARAMEDCERT.php

You need 6 months, or 1000 hours part time experience as an EMT-B. You said your job offer is first responder/haz-mat. Those are NOT the same. I'd call the school to make sure (call the EMS program, not the school itself), but, I'm pretty sure they want you on an ambulance for that time.

/me was feeling generous, so, decided to do the work

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
Yes as sapph already stated you will need the experience as an EMT-B not as a first responder. If you have any more questions or concerns about Crafton you can PM me or let me know on here and I can get the information for you being that I am taking my EMT there right now.