Working at Grady Hospital in Atlanta

basketball12

Forum Ride Along
I'm about to start EMT-B in August and I am so excited. My dream is to be a paramedic for Grady Hospital. I hear it's pretty hard to land a job with them and I wanted some advice on how to make myself more marketable. I am currently in North Carolina and that's where I am going to do my training. I am going to take the state (NC) and National exam at the end. I was thinking about doing EMT-I in Atlanta at a community college that does clinical at Grady. I have checked my driving record with the DMV and even though I have two tickets neither one show up on my record (they are both over 6 months old, so they should have shown up by now). I want to first be an EMT-I for a while then hopefully get trained in-house to be a paramedic. I am also in the Air Force. I will be commissioned in two years through OTS. I plan on staying reserves or National Guard so I can pursue a career as a paramedic. I know I have about 18month before I can even think about applying for any EMT position anywhere but I just want to have an idea of what I have to do when the time comes.

ebass30920

Forum Crew Member
Get your EMT-I or Advanced EMT I think they are called now and you will have no issues. I have never known anyone who applied and didnt get a job there.