Woman with TB jailed

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Public health officials said defiant people with TB often abuse drugs or alcohol and are homeless.

Washington fits that characterization, according to her sister, Alwiller Washington. Ruby Washington has had a long addiction to crack cocaine and alcohol and recurring bouts of mental illness, Alwiller Washington said Thursday.

Ruby Washington has 16 children, including a 5-week-old who has TB, her sister said. Eleven of those children are in foster care, and the rest are adults, she said.

Ok..... she is homeless, and on drugs.... and has the chance to clean herself up, as well as 3-hots-and-a-cot that the state is paying the tab for??? Why can't anyone look at the bright side.

Also.... 16 kids..... addicted to crack..... homeless..... People should need licenses to reproduce.

Unfortunatly, with TB, this is nessisary..... It is a great public health threat to have a contagious person loose in the city who is non-compliant.... it is sad that it must come to this, but it is life.

Jon

OP
OP
B

BloodNGlory02

Forum Crew Member
Ruby Washington has 16 children, including a 5-week-old who has TB,

I believe the 5 week old has since died of complications of withdrawl, TB, and being premature. As if being born wasnt enough punishment.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
I feel for the kid, I had a neice that was born prematurely, she died 3 days shy of her 1st birthday.

Now with that being said in my state there is a new law that was implemented within the last year that if the mother is a known drug addict and they run the tests on the child, if the test comes back positive that the child has the drug in their system the mother immediately has her parental rights terminated by the state and she is charged with child endangerment/abuse/neglect whichever is greater. If the child dies due to the drugs then the mother is charged with murder.

Sounds fair enough to me.

-Capn