Woman becomes real 911 call after a false one.

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
http://news.aol.com/article/melissa...lissa-farris-makes-false-911-call-then/728484

CALDWELL, Idaho (Oct. 21) - Police say an Idaho woman who made a false 911 call to lure paramedics out of their station made a real emergency call minutes later when she got trapped under the station's garage door.
Melissa R. Farris died Oct. 2 of injuries suffered when she was crushed by the closing garage door at the Canyon County station.

Farris, a former paramedic at the station, had been trying to crawl under the door after the ambulance left to respond to a nonexistent traffic accident she'd called in a few minutes earlier.
Caldwell Police Chief Chris Allgood says it may never be known why Farris was trying to gain access to the station
But according to a police report obtained by KBCI-TV, her sister told investigators that Farris may have been going after prescription medication stored in the station.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
2009-10-20 17:42:00

Not the best of articles, but another garage door?

firecoins

IFT Puppet
wasn't this already posted?

OP
OP
B

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
Ah! It was posted and a much better article to say the least. I just saw it today on the news so I figured it was "new" as it was dated the 21st. :ph34r:

High Speed Chaser

Forum Crew Member
I am familiar with the garage door industry as I do odd jobs here and there (media/computer) with a company that makes operators and doors as well as work closely with the directors. There are safety systems in place to prevent a garage door crushing some one, however these are optional (at least where I come from) but should be made compulsory on all installations. It is my understanding (I'm not so understanding on this) that most doors can exert a force on an adult and while doing damage will usually not kill them however this only applies to home doors and operators and depends on other factors such as the limit switches and whether its a roller or panel door. Industrial motors (which are likely to be used by emergency services) provide more force, but not only that, they way in which they operate is different.
People don't understand how dangerous doors are which is unfortunate as there are a lot of accidents that could be prevented.