With great sadness, another LODD.

artman17847

Forum Crew Member
Subject: News Account of LODD in Pennsylvania

Silver Spring ambulance driver dies while transporting patient

by CHRIS A. COUROGEN, Of The Patriot-News

Wednesday February 04, 2009, 11:02 AM

A heart attack is believed to have been what killed a Silver Spring Ambulance and Rescue
driver, causing a crash that sent an emergency medical technician to the hospital.

Barry John Nagle, 66, of Mechanicsburg, was at the wheel of an ambulance that was transporting a patient around 2:30 this morning when he suffered a fatal heart attack and crashed, authorities said.
George Weimer, of Silver Spring Twp., was injured in the crash. Weimer, an EMT who was in the ambulance, was transported to Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, said Silver Spring Township Emergency Management Coordinator Jim Hall.

<snip>
According to Hall, the Silver Spring ambulance had picked up a patient from the earlier crash involving another ambulance from out of the area and was transporting that patient to the hospital when the accident occurred. The out-of-the-area ambulance was carrying two nurses in addition to the patient.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2009/02/ambulance_driver_dies_while_tr.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Epi-do

I see dead people
My thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends.

And, on a side note, did anyone else sort of chuckle to themselves a little bit when they read the patient had been picked up after being involved in another ambulance crash? I would certainly make you think twice about wanting to get into a third ambulance.

OP
OP
artman17847

artman17847

Forum Crew Member
it was a messed up nite. Every now and then we get snow squals that can quickly make the roads slick and this is what caused the first amb. to crash.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
My thoughts and prayers to the family and friends that have lost so much........ -_-

Epi-do

I see dead people
it was a messed up nite. Every now and then we get snow squals that can quickly make the roads slick and this is what caused the first amb. to crash.

That sucks. Hopefully no one was seriously injured in the first crash. I will be glad when winter is over. I hate the crappy weather. I'll take a good ole thunderstorm any day of the week over all the ice and snow.