Windows 8: Developer Preview

18G

Paramedic
I installed the Windows 8 Developer Preview and am still making the determination if I like the new interface. It is much different than previous versions of Windows and for me I'm not seeing the hype... and not with just the new interface by other areas as well... least not yet anyway. I know the developer preview is a very early version but at this point I am still going for Windows 7 with serious consideration to buying my first Mac.

Anyone else install Windows 8? If so, what are your thoughts?

Dwindlin

Forum Captain
I installed the Windows 8 Developer Preview and am still making the determination if I like the new interface. It is much different than previous versions of Windows and for me I'm not seeing the hype... and not with just the new interface by other areas as well... least not yet anyway. I know the developer preview is a very early version but at this point I am still going for Windows 7 with serious consideration to buying my first Mac.

Anyone else install Windows 8? If so, what are your thoughts?

I have not seen Windows 8 yet, however in regards to the bolded. I was a DIE HARD PC only guy. Then when I started grad school I got a MacBook. Love it. Now I would never switch to Mac desktops (since I can build my own that are WAY better and cheaper) but for laptops they are great.

OP
OP
18G

18G

Paramedic
I been checking out the Mac's and been reading a ton of reviews. I think I have myself sold on em. I'm thinking of going with a Mac Mini as my first since its a sub-$1000 machine with some pretty decent specs. I have never used Mac OS so I thought it would be a good way to learn the OS too without spending a ton of money up front. And my current desktop is pretty antiquated with only a P4 processor so it really needs replacing.

Although.... the Mac Book Air looks pretty sweet. Tough choices!