Wilderness First Responder Training

Trayos

Forum Lieutenant
In a few months, I'm going to be participating in a wilderness first responder training course. It takes place over a 3 day term, in the woods, with instruction from "0800 to 2400 Hours". I know basic stabilization, transport, and bandaging already (From Scouting), but what other techniques/situations should I prepare for?

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
As I understand it, the WFR is designed to take someone from layperson level to First Responder level with a wilderness emphasis. So, I don't think there's anything you "need" to know before you get there.

But it's always a good idea to review your basic anatomy, even if that's just brushed upon in FR courses.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
See special category below for WILDERNESS, military etc.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,b)............

skivail

Forum Crew Member
I have never heard of such a short WFR course. Usually they are 80+ hours. Be prepared to get dirty and have fun.

OP
OP
T

Trayos

Forum Lieutenant
I am apparently taking it at Camp Schnider. It sounds somewhat intense, based on reviews by previous students, but that's what makes it interesting.

ajax

Forum Crew Member
that is a crazy-short WFR class. I took mine at a college, so we had a five hour class once a week for a semester. Best class i've taken.

Basic knowledge of A+P and knots is very helpful. It will depend on the instructor how much time is devoted to any one thing, but be prepared to learn a lot and then to supplement what you learned when you get home.

and have a blast!