Why would someone, who is on the job, have a

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
May I ask where? I've reread the thread and have been able to figure out where anyone was heading into the "I'm not paid to give a darn" direction.

Maybe I am reading into it, but the following phrase in this thread raised my hackles as well as the underlying tone of several other replies:

"The rest wait their eight minutes like everyone else."

You are right that this thread didn't go that dirrection too much, must of been the similar thread as of late that make it seem (not from you) that if you are not in uniform that you have no obligation as a human being to help another.

And I probably am seeing things in other peoples post where no malintent was intended (just as is done sometimes with my posts :glare:), but I have a problem with EMSers in sue-happy California having this attitude, so I take offence to anyhting that hints of it in my twisted little mind.

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
I have a CPR mask in one of the pockets of my big poofy winter work coat that has a thousand pockets just because I can. I could probably kill somebody and bring them back to life with the stuff I have in that coat.

MedicTom

Forum Probie
I have a pocket barrier mask key chain pouch thing' only because it was free at a convention. It is big and bright orange and it helps me find my keys in the jumble of my bookbag or purse. Also, arrest is one of the few things I'm willing to play "EMT: Bystander Edition" on.

Mine is bright yellow and I use it for the same reason. It makes my keys a little bulkier so I can find them easily and it's easy to spot amid medical supplies that can get spread out all over.

Bosco578

Forum Captain
I have a special pouch,kinda like a Taser holster,strapped to each of my legs that holds 2 cpr masks each. Ya just never know....:usa:

Uncle Howie

Forum Ride Along
I carry a “use once and burn” mask on my key chain. I’ve replaced the contents 3 times and it looks sort of ratty. The kit in my pov trunk has both a BVM and a mask because I don’t know who will be using it and on whom. If someone has to wait 8 minutes like everyone else, it’s because I’m not there. I have been in this field for 40 + years and have yet to pass an incident while off duty without assisting unless the local responders were already there. Even though I live in Southern California, I have assisted in several incidents where local EMS did not make it on scene in less than 15 minutes, and at one lake, it took them 35 minutes. Even with that long of a response time, the guy getting the 15:2 (back then) made it and is still fishing the same lake.