Who here rides?

EMT007

Forum Lieutenant
So I know some people in our profession like to go around calling them 'donorcycles' :rolleyes: , but I know there are some of us who love to ride and know that the joy of riding is well worth the (slightly increased) risk, and that it can be managed by always wearing full gear and formal training, etc. Hell, I know more police/EMTs/Firefighters that ride than anyone else.

I personally became addicted to riding a little over a year ago. An old desire was pushed into reality by the EMTs and police officers I worked with, and I went and took the MSF course and got my class M, then bought a Kawasaki Ninja 500r :ph34r:. Had an amazing time with that bike, small and outdated as it is. There's nothing like the feeling of a group ride down PCH with some friends.

Anyway, sold that bike a few months ago with the intention of buying another (a 636 this time :drool: ), but then the realization set in that I probably couldn't afford a new bike until I'm done with college. So I'm probably done with motorcycles for a year or so, but the addiction lives on. I always get a little jealous when I pass a rider on the street.

So tell me, what do you ride?

Medivixen

Forum Crew Member
I bought myself a '04 DR200 last year. I love going out in the back country getting dirrrrty! I wish I would get out more tho.

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
I rode a bike until the kids came. Now we all ride in a JEEP! Same fun just burns more gas.

trauma1534

Forum Captain
I love to ride! It's exciting, and relaxing at the same time. I would love to get my licence and a bike. I have a couple friends who have bikes that I ride with on occasion. Now, on the flip side, I have this fear that if that bike wrecks, I AM IN TROUBLE!!! I've seen some doosies as far as bike wrecks!

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
I had a bike when I was 10 or so, and after I fell and darn near shattered my elbow I decided that two wheels was two wheels too short!

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
Jeep with no top= fun for the whole family. No helmet, metal around me (somewhat), Seat belts, and I don't have to hold it up when I stop.

OP
OP
E

EMT007

Forum Lieutenant
seat belts? we dont need no stinking seat belts :)

zx636c6f%2006%20black%20rhs%20front%20800.jpg

sexiness on two wheels right here...

Anyone else?