Which school is better?!

casomatic

Forum Ride Along
I live in Wisconsin. Could go to Milwaukee Technical college for EMT. But I have heard this Sinclair college in Dayton OH has a great program , its one of the top 12 ranked 2 year north American colleges and the tuition is like 45 per credit hour. So does anyone have any feedback?!

subliminal1284

Forum Lieutenant
I must be in the same area as you, I am in Kenosha and went to Gateway Technical College for EMT-B. Gateway has a great EMS program and are opening up a new training center specifically dedicated to EMS and Fire called the HERO center. I would not waste my time and money to travel to go to an out of state school for EMT-B. Just go to one of our local colleges. If it were me I wouldnt go to Milwaukee, I would make the trip to Burlington and take it there because Gateway is going to have smaller class sizes and you will have more one on one time with the instructor and more time to practice your practical skills in class.

Last edited by a moderator:

wolfwyndd

Forum Captain
But I have heard this Sinclair college in Dayton OH has a great program , its one of the top 12 ranked 2 year north American colleges and the tuition is like 45 per credit hour. So does anyone have any feedback?!
I've taken Sinclair CC's EMT-B REFRESHER course a couple of times and I love it. That's what I was using to keep my NREMT up to date. I've also sat in on some of their Basic and Paramedic lectures for 'continuing education' time and I really enjoy their instructors. NONE of them do full time only teaching, they are all firefighter / EMS professionals that work full time in the Dayton area and just do the classes as part time stuff. So you get a good mix of NREMT testing materials mixed with 'real world' experience. I would recommend the program.

That's the good news. The bad news is, just like most other places in the US, job prospects around this area for EMS is horrid. Unless you wanna be a volunteer in one of the surrounding communities.