Where to buy a uniform

bugaboo2

Forum Ride Along
I'm wondering where is a good place to look for a Uniform, I'm looking as volunteering as am EMR until I can get into school for my EMT. I was hoping that would be this August but I'm not sure if I will make the dead line for it. I might have to wait till next year.

But in the mean time I would like to volunteer and require a uniform to do so.:)

Any suggestions would be great!

OP
OP
B

bugaboo2

Forum Ride Along
Nope, they will sell me a shirt for $10 but I need to provide the pants.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Oh, so you want tactical pants and not the full uniform?

Just Google tactical pants / EMT pants for someone that will ship to Canada or is based in Canada.

Danson

Forum Crew Member
****ies makes a good pair of emt pants...just check their website.

trevor1189

Forum Captain
Stay away from Galls.

Ok, that doesn't really help the OP. Can you provide further information about why you say that.

OP, check out ****ies or Elbeco. Both make very nice pants that hold up well.

fire_911medic

Forum Crew Member
If you know your size and are fairly certain of it, e-bay or overstock.com can be excellent resources for you. I personally like galls as they have a large variety of pants brands (though I do suggest staying away from their pants as the quality is poor and they do not hold up well over time and quickly fade to a nasty shade of navy or black). I am quite fond of Elbeco pants as I've found them one of the best to fit a wide variety of people and come in several styles, and you seem to get the best quality for your money. I think they average around 35-40 dollars a pair depending on which style you choose. I have 4 pairs that I've had since 2005 that I was given for one service I worked for and I can still successfully wear them. If washed in cold water and cared for, they should hold up fairly well. Also, I love the fact they have several pockets and one in particular on the side that is excellent to hold narc keys and also my cell phone. Another thing is for women that have a rear end (like myself) the way they are made compliments that (do not pull down in the backside), though they work comfortably for those that don't as well. Blauer also puts out a quality pant for about the same price range, however, women tend to have difficulty finding a proper fit.

Galls also tends to be fairly prompt on shipping, but I would avoid anything that is galls brand as it is cheaply made and tends to not last.

themuffin101

Forum Ride Along
i would recommend elbeco or the 5.11 ems pants. You can probably get either one for about $40 and they last pretty long

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
I agree, Galls is a good company...

Sure. If you like overpriced, poor customer service, and if you would google things, you would see that you can get 99% of what they sell at a much cheaper price.

But go ahead, what do I know?:rolleyes:

Medic115

Forum Probie
Sure. If you like overpriced, poor customer service, and if you would google things, you would see that you can get 99% of what they sell at a much cheaper price.

But go ahead, what do I know?:rolleyes:

Hmmm, never had any problems with them, but I suppose they're like everyone else, they're using cheap labor...Lol Yeah, I agree, you can shop a round and you might find it cheaper, I was just making a suggestion and like I said, we've never had any problems with them...

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Ok, that doesn't really help the OP. Can you provide further information about why you say that.

OP, check out ****ies or Elbeco. Both make very nice pants that hold up well.

Second on the Elbecos. Definatly the best out there. That is what I wear and I have no complaints. They don't fade, shrink, rip easy or anything bad like that. And it seems like anything will wash out of them.

Galls carries them actually. I don't mind buying from Galls either. It may have the reputation of wacker.com, but that only applies to you if you use it that way. One thing I don't like about them is the flat-rate shipping. Six bucks S&H is not bad when you are buying a jump bag, but when you buy two helmet crescents and it costs six bucks to ship them.......

The only other thing about them is about half the Galls branded stuff is bad quality. Some of it is really good, but some is not. They do carry plenty of "name-brand" type stuff though.

Other than those two things, one of which is super easy to avoid, I have nothing but good to say about them.

Other than that I have nothing but good to say about them.