Where can I get EMT shoes in NY?

emtnewbie

Forum Ride Along
Just started on the job and need to get some shoes -- does anyone know where I can find me some shoes in the NYC/LI area? Any help appreciated! Thanks!!! :D

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by emtnewbie@Jun 4 2005, 02:11 PM
Just started on the job and need to get some shoes -- does anyone know where I can find me some shoes in the NYC/LI area? Any help appreciated! Thanks!!! :D
Galls

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Hey fellow NYer! Greenblatts in Hauppauge prolly has them - although I wouldn't know, I just wear dark sneakers.

ECC

Forum Captain
Try Firestore.com

If you know your size, of course. I highly reccommend Rocky Eliminators...They are quiet, waterproof, warm and have a cambrelle lining. Also Warrington makes a kicka$$ station boot that is waterproof too.

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Jun 4 2005, 09:00 PM
Hey fellow NYer! Greenblatts in Hauppauge prolly has them - although I wouldn't know, I just wear dark sneakers.
you can't adhere to the norm... can you

I would just go with galls, i've gotten 2 pair from there, and have no complaints with either.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by PArescueEMT+Jun 5 2005, 04:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PArescueEMT @ Jun 5 2005, 04:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rescuecpt@Jun 4 2005, 09:00 PM
you can't adhere to the norm... can you

I would just go with galls, i've gotten 2 pair from there, and have no complaints with either. [/b][/quote]
I see it this way. I don't get paid for this. I'm not paying for fancy shoes out of my pocket, even if it's tax deductible. That's just a pain in the butt. Then I'd have to save receipts. If they want me to wear special shoes, the Corps or FD will need to provide them to me. So what I do, is I run my sneakers to the point where I can't work out in them anymore, but they're still usable, they become EMS sneakers. Highly disposable, comfy, and best of all, not expensive since I've already gotten my use out of them.

emtd29

Forum Lieutenant
I get mine at Payless Shoes.

Basically black workboots.

But you want specialty shoes in Nassau County

There's a uniform store on Westbury Ave. in Carle Place ( forget the name I think it's Economy )

Or try the Buff Shop on Wantagh Ave. in Wantagh

Or the Cop Shop on North Broadway in Massapequa

There's a uniform store in Great Neck also, not sure exactly where though.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
On eBay they have sneakers with the Star of Life on each side..

For those true whacker.

I wouldn't waste my $$$, BUT.

emtd29

Forum Lieutenant
Really???? I want a pair

LOL

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
mine are original s.w.a.t.'s(classic 9's for anybody that cares)

wicked comfortable, side zip for easy on/off, light as a feather, although dissapointingly not waterproof(it is available on these boots, i juts didnt buy it).

for ugly weather, my matterhorns do the trick, although i wouldnt wear them everyday(at a price tag of $250, these WONT get puked on!)

shorthairedpunk

Forum Lieutenant
Dont go to Galls, theyre overpriced, usually low quality, most likely will screw up yer order and will definetly offer crap customer service, they used to be a great company but are now just peddling crap under a once trusted name.

I got my boots from skechers.com, shechers are awesome shoes so i went with them for work boots and was very happy. Youll pay 60- 90 for a good pair of boots from them, but its worth the dough, I have a three year old pair of shoes from them, and my usual shoe lifespan is under a year.