Where are my manners...

YYCmedic

Forum Crew Member
Hey everyone. So in the hustle of the christmas season I completely forgot to say Hi to everyone. I've been on here for about 2 weeks now and this site is awesome. I've noticed that it is mostly from the US but I am from Calgary, Canada... Drop a line and tell me whats going on in your area, any cool calls you go to and well anything else you feel like talking about I guess.
Anyway, I hope everyone has a Merry (Uneventful if your on shift) Christmas.

Peace,
TJ :beerchug: :mellow: :p

OP
OP
YYCmedic

YYCmedic

Forum Crew Member
this is like one of those ackward rookie moments where everyone walks by you and looks at you funny cause your the new guy and dont say hi... It's ok, ill talk to myself :p

MeaganIV

Forum Crew Member
Oh what? someone must have driven you too this.

Couldn't have been me. Never.

TJ... always so rude:p haaha

OP
OP
YYCmedic

YYCmedic

Forum Crew Member
couldn't have been you!

I'm not rude... I'm sarcastic, theres a huge difference between the two :p

MeaganIV

Forum Crew Member
Is there, TJ? Is there really?

You know what my mutant power is? Sarcasm and judgement...

Whats yours?

OP
OP
YYCmedic

YYCmedic

Forum Crew Member
i guess not.

I'm like a superhero, just without any powers or motivation ^-^

MeaganIV

Forum Crew Member
TJ!

You should come with me to 911 one day.

They have wicked sweaters and I want.... ^_^

OP
OP
YYCmedic

YYCmedic

Forum Crew Member
I could do that forsure ^_^

MeaganIV

Forum Crew Member
sweeet.

Pick a day.

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
Howdy and welcome

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
this is like one of those ackward rookie moments where everyone walks by you and looks at you funny cause your the new guy and dont say hi... It's ok, ill talk to myself :p

TJ, welcome to our weird little world here. You'll find out about all the regulars pretty quickly, but (as has been mentioned here before) posting at time xx:xx, then posting again at time xx:xx +70 minutes about no one returning your greetings might be considered by some (but never me :p ) to be slightly unrealistic. In the middle of the afternoon, the day folks are out there doing their jobs and the night folks are sleeping. To paraphase Sally Fields (?), we like you, we really do like you, but ya gotta give us a chance to write back! That said, please jump in wherever you are comfortable and have a wonderful holiday season!

FutureFlightMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Welcome!! How do you like Canada this time of year? I'll bet you get a white christmas...all I will get is Rain!! :sad: Anyway, you'll find this site excellent for making new friends, good advice and LOTS of laughs!:p

MeaganIV

Forum Crew Member
Welcome!! How do you like Canada this time of year? I'll bet you get a white christmas...all I will get is Rain!! :sad: Anyway, you'll find this site excellent for making new friends, good advice and LOTS of laughs!:p

We never get white christmas's at this time of year.

its insane

OP
OP
YYCmedic

YYCmedic

Forum Crew Member

Yeah MeaganIV is unfortunatley right, we dont usually get a white Christmas here in Calgary, our snow doesnt really start falling until mid-january to early february.... but it is feckin cold right now.... which is a bad thing cause cold weather and myself dont get along very well

OP
OP
YYCmedic

YYCmedic

Forum Crew Member
TJ, welcome to our weird little world here. You'll find out about all the regulars pretty quickly, but (as has been mentioned here before) posting at time xx:xx, then posting again at time xx:xx +70 minutes about no one returning your greetings might be considered by some (but never me :p ) to be slightly unrealistic. In the middle of the afternoon, the day folks are out there doing their jobs and the night folks are sleeping. To paraphase Sally Fields (?), we like you, we really do like you, but ya gotta give us a chance to write back! That said, please jump in wherever you are comfortable and have a wonderful holiday season!

haha, I know. I was just being bored outta my tree at the time. I like to make fun of alot of things including myself so thats another reason i would have written something like that. But thanks all the same, I'll definately jump in where I can, I hope you as well have an awesome holiday season.

MeaganIV

Forum Crew Member
I will let you know now that... I will spank your ambulance

MeaganIV

Forum Crew Member
Hey, did you hear about the chick at ACP who ended up BAGGING oral glucose into her Pt for her EMR scenario??

OP
OP
YYCmedic

YYCmedic

Forum Crew Member
Hey, did you hear about the chick at ACP who ended up BAGGING oral glucose into her Pt for her EMR scenario??

haha truely this could not have happend.... i mean its funny forsure but its scary to think that theres someone who passed a course successfully and tried that at ACP... hahahaha:wacko:

MeaganIV

Forum Crew Member
haha truely this could not have happend.... i mean its funny forsure but its scary to think that theres someone who passed a course successfully and tried that at ACP... hahahaha:wacko:

I shall tell you a tale

My instructor is an examinor there and he had this girl who obviously had an UNCONSCIOUS hypoglycemic Pt. Anyways, she's like "Yeah, i'll just administer oral glucose" and Graham was like "Okay, but she is unconscious. She won't take it." and she's like "well then i'll just put it on a tongue depressor" and he's like "He won't swallow it. His teeth are clenched." and shes like "Well i'll just pry open his teeth." and he's like "They don't stay open." and shes like "Well are the OPAs the ones with the holes in them" and he's getting tired and gives up and was like "Whatever you had" and shes like "OH GOOD! they are.." "Oh good" so then she says "I will put the Oral glucose down the hole and bag it into him."

OH GOD!!

OP
OP
YYCmedic

YYCmedic

Forum Crew Member
I shall tell you a tale

My instructor is an examinor there and he had this girl who obviously had an UNCONSCIOUS hypoglycemic Pt. Anyways, she's like "Yeah, i'll just administer oral glucose" and Graham was like "Okay, but she is unconscious. She won't take it." and she's like "well then i'll just put it on a tongue depressor" and he's like "He won't swallow it. His teeth are clenched." and shes like "Well i'll just pry open his teeth." and he's like "They don't stay open." and shes like "Well are the OPAs the ones with the holes in them" and he's getting tired and gives up and was like "Whatever you had" and shes like "OH GOOD! they are.." "Oh good" so then she says "I will put the Oral glucose down the hole and bag it into him."

OH GOD!!

:blink: :eek: ...WOW!... I dont even really know what to say to that... just.... wow.... I hope she doesnt end up treating any patients:wacko: