What to do about expired license and taking the test again?

LWolf

Forum Ride Along
Hi there,

I am writing because I want to get my EMT license re-instated. I live in Pennsylvania and I haven't been in EMS since 2007. My license expire in 2010. I have been studying to take the written part but I have no idea how to get the practical part down. I volunteer for an ambulance squad and I hope tonight at our general meeting they will have some ideas.

In the mean time, has this happened to anyone else? What I really want to do is to take the course over, but I don't have 900 bucks to drop, unfortunately.

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks,
Liam

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Check with your local EMS Agency or health dept.

You probably will be required take the course all over again before being allowed to test.

RescueRider724

Forum Crew Member
Call your EMS council in your region. PA DOH has them listed. Due to the length of time your license has been expired; I have only seen people in this situation with one option, retake the course and meet the current requirements. NREMT is now the test that you take, the PA state exam ended with the class that just graduated in Feb/March time frame out here in the west, once you have your NREMT you must copy all the paperwork and send it in to your regional council and then they issue your license using reciprocity. Also the practicals are slightly different now, they will not be like the ones you did in 2007. The class should prepare you for the new changes though.