what sthe new hire placement test

mrwhitecloud

Forum Ride Along
yeah does anyone know what the new hire placement test for amr is like for rancho? who should i prepare is it easy? or should i not even worry?

kecpercussion

Forum Lieutenant
It's pretty similar to the NR, but the questions are a little more pertinent to common situations

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Search will help you greatly with any question AMR related here, as there are a few of us that work there, and many more that ask the same questions each week.

It's just a basic knowledge test that if you stayed awake in EMT class and got your NR, you better not fail.

OP
OP
M

mrwhitecloud

Forum Ride Along
no its not the wrttin test. its a new hire placement test that you take at a clinic that amr goes through. i gues you take a urine test, and physical, and lifting and moving, but what else do thay do, do have to run a treadmil or what is it? thats what im asking

kecpercussion

Forum Lieutenant
oh if you're in decent shape you should be fine. Just carrying like 125 lbs up and down some stairs. No biggie. I did mine for riverside

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Oh, you're speaking of the physical agility thing they do.

Again, could have searched and found it.

You life a some weights, about 125lbs, and walks up and down stairs, and demonstrate the proper lifting technique.

I weigh 160 and am 6'1"... trust me, if I can do it, anyone can do it. These test' aren't friendly to tall skinny people.

cm4short

Forum Lieutenant
Are you applying an EMT or Medic. I haven't taken the Medic test. But I can tell you the EMT is as basic as they get. Answers are all straight forward ABC's for the most part. It close resembles many refresher courses I've taken.

The physical is also fairly easy. They make it easy enough for petite nurses to pass, whom aren't even required to do any lifting on the job.