What kind of hair ties are best for EMS work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash

Forum Asst. Chief
So I have long hair, which I keep pulled back in a pony tail. At the moment I just use regular elastic hair ties to keep it back, but I'm wondering if there are some that would be better for EMS?
I think I should look at getting some Teflon coated ones for stain resistance, but they would have to be mat black to fit in with the rest of my tactical shoelaces and exploding pants bolts.
Does anyone know wear I can get Kevlar reinforced hair ties? You just never know when might need

Sorry, I'm no good at this.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Braided titanium monofillament.

Or Skunchies.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
But you need something tactical blacktical. Does Galls sell anything? What about for my mannytail? Have any been shown to improve job performance, or perhaps not make me tired on my 8-hour shifts?

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Check out my link in the shoelaces thread. I've had that place do some custom work for me, maybe see if they'll add elastic to one of their Kevlar shoelaces and have them sew it all together to work like a hair tie. That way, when you have your back against the wall, you can have faith that your hair tie will function well as a strangulation device to get you out of harm's way.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm assuming sarcasm on the part of the OP based on the recent increase of "What kind of ________ are best for EMS use?"

True or false?

Sent from a small, handheld electronic device that somehow manages to consume vast amounts of my time. Also know as a smart phone.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
How could you ever begin to entertain the thought of a suggestion?

:rofl:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Thread closed as it is unneeded and falls under the "no inflammatory posts" part of the community rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.