What kind of driving record will hinder employment?

Kdul92

Forum Ride Along
I just left an interview wand feel overall pretty good about how it went. The only thing I am concerned about is my driving record. When asked, I was very upfront about an old suspension due to lapse of insurance that has since been paid off. I do currently hold a valid license and the only other violation on my driving record is a cell phone violation. However, when my license was suspended my ability to register a car was also suspended, and I only restored my license. Will a suspended registration ability hinder my chance of employment? It wasn't due to any reckless driving or DUI, just insurance lapse years ago.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
A bad record. You do have a leg up because you were upfront and honest. This however is only a question for the employer to answer. Would I hire you? Not as a driver. Then again I don't make those decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
A bad record. You do have a leg up because you were upfront and honest. This however is only a question for the employer to answer. Would I hire you? Not as a driver. Then again I don't make those decisions.

Really?!
OP, how long ago was the suspension?
When I was in my 20s and moving all over, I had infractions (seatbelts etc) that went unpaid and resulted in a suspension. Once I realized it, I paid the fines, reinstated my stuff and was back in business. When my life (well, me) settled down, I became much more responsible on paper.

Clerical issues should not be that big of a deal as far as driving goes. They may correlate your issue as a lack of responsibility and eliminate you that way. Time and responsible decisions going forward will take care of this. That said, these companies generally just look to make sure you are insurable under their commercial policy.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Really?!
OP, how long ago was the suspension?
When I was in my 20s and moving all over, I had infractions (seatbelts etc) that went unpaid and resulted in a suspension. Once I realized it, I paid the fines, reinstated my stuff and was back in business. When my life (well, me) settled down, I became much more responsible on paper.

Clerical issues should not be that big of a deal as far as driving goes. They may correlate your issue as a lack of responsibility and eliminate you that way. Time and responsible decisions going forward will take care of this. That said, these companies generally just look to make sure you are insurable under their commercial policy.

yes really.. a bad driving record will hinder employment.. I don't think the correlation there is all that hard to follow personally, but maybe for some. Companies look to make sure your insurable at their current rate* under their policy. which is a rather large difference IMO, but idk much.

phideux

Forum Captain
Most places look at a 10yr driving record. If a company is hiring 1 person and 2 apply, both applicants are equal, 1 has a driving record with nothing on it, the other one has your driving record. Who do you think gets the job????