What kind of analgesic do you use?

Veneficus

Forum Chief
What be reversed?

It is n=1 but in the small amount of experience I have the analgesic along with euphoric effects of MS seem to work a bit better in abdominal pain, especially in pain originating in the hollow organs. I won't pretend to understand it but my guess would be because of the slowing of gastric motility and peristalsis, but again that's just my theory. I've been so damn busy I haven't had the motivation to go find studies to support this or tell me I've totally gone off the deep end :D

sounds reasonable to me, I was just thinking about all of the things that hurt more when smooth muscle contraction is inhibited

OP
OP
H

HMartinho

Forum Lieutenant
NEVER say your " JUST an EMT-B" You went to school for your EMT just like everyone else did. Have you ever heard a medic say "I'm just a medic",?
The answer is probably no. Look at a medic patch and see whats in front of paramedic ( *EMT*-Paramedic) We're all EMT's, but it's up to you to be an outstanding EMT, or "just an EMT-B"

I think you do not understand the meaning in my words. I mean, when I say "I'm just an EMT-B", I am not denigrate my position, and I know all my abilities and difficulties. I'm very proud to be an EMT-B. However, my course of 210 hours, including rotations in the ED, ICU and resuscitation room, I learned very little about pharmacology. On the other hand, a pre-hospital nurse had a fine of hundreds of hours of training in pharmacology. So yes, she knows more than me about pharmacology, and I respect that.