What does everyone do for fun outside EMS

Wow.... Cap't - you've reached Forum Resident status - 2000 posts.

ha

:P I might get a little scared if I looked at my post count and just happened to be on 666

do you travel for fun or business?
also, do you work your day job and, then volunteer ems?

I try to travel for fun, but I travel a lot for work. So I end up encorporating a little bit of sight seeing into my work travel on the weekends, if I can.

I work my "day job" which is more like a morning, afternoon, evening, and sometimes night job, and then volunteer on top of that... I have a regular shift Thursdays from 1900-2400 (which I often end up leaving work "early" for) and then I pick up shifts when I can/when needed, and I usually ride a couple hours on the weekend at my fiance's vollie ambulance where he is Chief and I'm an associate member. It's usually when they don't have a crew, I'll go help out because together he and I make up an ALS/ALS crew.

:-D I'm a busy girl.

Oh! I'm planning my wedding too. LOL.

I try to travel for fun, but I travel a lot for work. So I end up encorporating a little bit of sight seeing into my work travel on the weekends, if I can.

I work my "day job" which is more like a morning, afternoon, evening, and sometimes night job, and then volunteer on top of that... I have a regular shift Thursdays from 1900-2400 (which I often end up leaving work "early" for) and then I pick up shifts when I can/when needed, and I usually ride a couple hours on the weekend at my fiance's vollie ambulance where he is Chief and I'm an associate member. It's usually when they don't have a crew, I'll go help out because together he and I make up an ALS/ALS crew.

:-D I'm a busy girl.

Oh! I'm planning my wedding too. LOL.
thanks for the info, and, first, congrats on your wedding! i'm getting ready to do some serious heavy hinting soon! my poor little hand looks so bare! ha ha!
anyway, it does sound like your busy. i posted in another thread that i'm changing careers to get into ems; so, i'm trying to get a sense of how people balance it all. it's helpful to hear what people do as far as balancing the various jobs in order to be in ems.
how cool that you and your fiance can work as partners together! that must be awesome!

Back