What do you guys bring to eat when you ride ?

emt seeking first job

Forum Asst. Chief
EMS people need something to eat; cheap, healthy, and neat, IMHO.

I get Mc D's or B.K. $1 menu items.

I also bring Bumble Bee Tuna or Chicken Salad, in the little box with crackers which go on sale every twelve weeks or so at CVS for $0.99.

I having started eating several times a day. I no longer have a set breakfast, lunch and dinner.

What are the things you bring ?

harryb714

Forum Crew Member
Your partner must love you for eating tuna in the truck.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Our subway is half price for on-duty police, fire and EMS. I mostly eat there or we cook in the station.

Sasha

Forum Chief
My debit card. And then eat wherever we can sneak off too.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
When I work the medical center, I eat at the hospital food court (Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, etc). When I work the chopper, I usually go to the subway that is just right up the road (Practically in front of the airport entrance).

BandageBrigade

Forum Lieutenant
We share a building with the towns police. So we normally cook big meals to share twice a day. Breakfast is normally a coffee/doughnut/bagel run. If either of us or both get called out we have a shared secretary/receptionist that puts it away for us.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
IT's been so long ago...Bronto Burgers at the Bedrock A&W

Naw. Military: had outr own branch dining hall but the stoves did not work. Civilian: PBJ sandwich and a Pibb. Pizza was the forbidden food, every single time we ordered, it never made it back to the station in any sort of prompt fashion. The catalytic convertors on the old Cadillacs kept it warm, though.

nemedic

Forum Captain
Breakfast is usually an iced coffee and a bagel.
Snack mid morning is a Gatorade G1
Lunch depends on where I'll be and call volume. usually buy it somewhere.
Small crackers around mid afternoon.
If call volume allows, I like to cook dinner. If I know who I'll be working with ahead of time, I like to make chili every now and then. I'll prep it in the morning before going in, and have it simmer in a crock pot for a few hours(have dispatch or someone who will be in the station check in on it).