What’s considered a Retest

HardWorking

Forum Probie
hey guys

I took my NREMT P yesterday. I passed all stations except the out of hospital scenario. I was advised I could take it again, so I did. Well I failed again. My question is when I retest do I just retest that one station. Or do I have to redo everything. On the NREMT site it says after two retest attempt, you have to do a refresher and test all 5 stations again ?

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I believe you will just need to do that one. After that it is all of them again.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
If you fail 3 or les you just had to redo the one you failed. more and you have to do the whole thing. But that was under the old system

OP
OP
H

HardWorking

Forum Probie
Advanced Emergency Medical Technician candidates are allowed two (2) full attempts to pass the psychomotor examination (one "full attempt" is defined as completing all skills and two retesting opportunities if so entitled).

Candidates are eligible to retest four (4) or less skills when taking a full attempt of the psychomotor examination. Candidates are eligible for two (2) retest attempts of the four (4) or less skills failed for no more than twelve (12) months from the date of the examination, provided they meet all other current requirements for National EMS Certification. If offered, only one (1) retest attempt may be completed on the same day. Candidates not completing the failed portion of the examination within that twelve (12) month period will be required to repeat the invalid portion. Failure of any skill on the second retest attempt constitutes complete failure of the entire psychomotor examination. Candidates who fail five (5) or more skills have failed the entire psychomotor examination. Candidates who fail the entire psychomotor examination must submit official documentation of remedial education before attempting the entire psychomotor examination (all ten [10] skills) on their second and final attempt of the psychomotor examination.

Attachments

• 4211B1C4-F162-4D1C-83F0-7AF5C85A764D.png
    4211B1C4-F162-4D1C-83F0-7AF5C85A764D.png
    342.4 KB · Views: 313

Colt45

Forum Lieutenant
You have to test for the third time at a different location on a different day. That's the basis of it. If you failed twice thi k about why you're failing. I know it can be hard but try and look at the interventions you performed and see if they were correct. The document you used isn't even valid for medic. There isn't 12 skills it's like five or six stations.

OP
OP
H

HardWorking

Forum Probie
Paramedic candidates are allowed two (2) full attempts to pass the psychomotor examination (one "full attempt" is defined as completing all six (6) skills and two retesting opportunities if so entitled).

Candidates are eligible to retest three (3) or less skills when taking a full attempt of the psychomotor examination. Candidates are eligible for two (2) retest attempts of the three (3) or less skills failed for no more than twelve (12) months from the date of the examination, provided they meet all other current requirements for National EMS Certification. If offered, only one (1) retest attempt may be completed on the same day. Candidates not completing the failed portion of the examination within that twelve (12) month period will be required to repeat the invalid portion.

Candidates who fail a full attempt or any portion of a second retest must submit official documentation of remedial training over all skills before starting the next full attempt of the psychomotor examination and re-examining over all six (6) skills, provided all other requirements for National Certification are fulfilled. This official documentation must be signed by the Paramedic Training Program Director or Physician Director of

OP
OP
H

HardWorking

Forum Probie
Ita so frustrating because I worked so hard, so if i have to redo all the stations for that one mistake it will be a bummer. All I can do is work harder