Western Mass EMS

ajax

Forum Crew Member
I've been scouring the internet, but can't find anything about emergency contracts in Western Mass. I know Amherst and Northampton are fire based, but I thought Chicopee/Agawam/Springfield/Greenfield might be private contracts. Does anyone know?

OP
OP
A

ajax

Forum Crew Member
I've seen that list; I'm specifically curious about 911 contracts. I'm working in Boston this summer but going back to school in Amherst in September. The company I work with in Boston does some IFT, some 911. I really like the variety, and so if I can't find a company with some 911 in Western MA, I'll commute to Boston and keep this job. However, I'd really rather not drive 2 hours to and from work...

But I haven't been able to find info on who provides 911 coverage in most of the nearby towns, so that's what I'm hoping for.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
If you're looking for a mix 911 and IFT, check out County Ambulance, in Pittsfield. For a while, they were the only paramedic (ALS) level service for something like 30 towns... they now have a competitor (Central Berkshire Ambulance), also in Pittsfield, and I know that both are generally always hiring. If you want more info, shoot me a PM.

Good Luck!

atheist healer

Forum Ride Along
Dan, can you PM me info about County EMS and Central Berkshire Ambulance? I don't seem able to write you a private message :x

dmc2007

Forum Captain
Central Berkshire shut down shortly after the reply before yours. Can't speak to County EMS.

Steam Engine

Forum Lieutenant
I've been scouring the internet, but can't find anything about emergency contracts in Western Mass. I know Amherst and Northampton are fire based, but I thought Chicopee/Agawam/Springfield/Greenfield might be private contracts. Does anyone know?

Alert may be involved in Springfield 911, I saw them working a scene with MSP not too long ago. They also have facilities in Chicopee and Agawam.

North Adams Ambulance serves North Adams and some surrounding communities in MA and VT...just checked their website and they're hiring per-diem for all levels.

Baystate Health has Greenfield.

Village Ambulance has primary 911 for Williamstown.

Last edited by a moderator:

beantown native

Forum Crew Member
go to www.firenews.org good site. Action is with County ambulance in the PIttsfield area. AMR is heavy in the springfield/ holyoke area...RAM ambulance in West side( west springfield). Thats pretty much all I know from that area. If you want good stuff, AMR does a ton of 911 in springfield /holyoke and has or had a fly car for ALS intercepts.