Well..... I'm back!!!!

FFEMT1A

Forum Probie
After an almost 15 year "hiatus" I have decided to get back in. My work is sending me to class starting in February. I work at an underground coal mine. Glad to be getting back into EMS... i have missed it!!!

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
After an almost 15 year "hiatus" I have decided to get back in. My work is sending me to class starting in February. I work at an underground coal mine. Glad to be getting back into EMS... i have missed it!!!

Congratulations! That's awesome.

Get any nastys working at an underground coal mine?

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
YEA!!!!!! Welcome back to the tribe!!!!!!!!:):):)

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Oh wow. There are folks here working in extreme conditions!

Please keep us updated!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Not at our mine. We have an excellent safety record. Not saying no one gets hurt.. but we have not had any MAJOR injuries.

I was in an old something mine out near trona a few months ago, it was weird feeling...

EMTWintz

Forum Lieutenant
My hubby worked for two different mines here in IL. Both of which you have seen in the news (W Virginia and Utah) He of course worked for the sister companies, but that still scared the crap outa me. Just when you think you are used to the fact they your loved one has a dangerous job something comes along and stirs up old fears. But the pay was awsome, and hey If he did die in the mines I wouldn't have to worry about working another day in my life.