Weight and Emt-B Class Question

NewbieNew

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone, sorry if this is in the wrong room, but this forum seemed to be getting some movement. So I'm thinking of taking an EMT basic class over the summer, but I am a litle worried about my weight. I weigh about 365( lost 35lbs since jan.) 5'11" And I'm just nervous to sign up for the course. I'm currently dieting and exercising and i consider myself pretty able bodied (for a large guy) bur I'm just scared to be honest. I know i have a ways to go before probably getting hired with where I'm at, but do you think I can handle the course? ): I'm just having bad self conscious thoughts.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
You'll be fine. I was pretty heavy when I went through my EMT course and I did just fine.

Don't let lack of confidence prevent you from following through on your goals. Sign up for the course and keep dieting and exercising. By the end of summer, you'll be in better shape, Be more confident, and have a whole new skill set you can use to help others. You win three times brother.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I had to shape up during medic school too. I'm a fairly small set female, so I had to start lifting.

Keep on keeping on and you will get there.