Warrant issued for EMT in fatal crash

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Should anything positive come out of this tragedy, perhaps a long overdue national overhaul of unnecessarily long work hours, and/ or rescheduling of calls that can be pushed back regardless of the incentive to their employers pockets.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Hard thing is how do you push back scheduled runs? Not even for the money.
If a patient is coming from a nursing home to a doctors appt or to dialysis or x-ray or CT scan, etc and they get there too late they can't squeeze them in that day and has to be rescheduled. Dialysis they only miss 2 days, so it just makes them a little sicker. But missing a Doctor's appt can be weeks to reschedule it.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
one wonders if the company/agency could also be held civilly liable by the patient's family....
Of course they can, and I'd be surprised if they are not.

Personally I think criminal charges are absurd unless there was some type of gross or willful negligence involved.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
rescheduling of calls that can be pushed back regardless of the incentive to their employers pockets.

This. I don't mind working 12 hour night shifts. What I do mind is getting a long distance transfer at the middle part of my shift or the tail end.