Want to introduce myself - Hello from Germany

Welcome to the board. I lived at Ramstein air base for 4 years, my father was a military police officer. I was only 6 years old (now 28) when I lived there. While I lived there I did speek germen, but I can not say a single word of it now.

Hi there!

here is Nicki from Munich, Germany....Rettungssanitäterin....about EMT-B for all of you here...

I work here at my full time job as a nurse in big prison!!!...´thats also a great job!

Grüße aus München!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicki

I won't embarrass myself by trying my ancient German, so you'll just have to suffer my English. :P I was stationed at Rhein-Main Air Base near Frankfurt for four years (87-91) and was with USAF fire rescue. Our only regret is ever leaving Europe; it was wonderful and easily the best four consecutive years of a 20 year career. Since then, my son has been stationed at Spangdahlem and Ramstein (also with the Air Force). The '88 air show incident was a horrible day; many of my friends were stationed at Ramstein and to this day won't discuss it. I was supposed to go with my wife and 3 sons (then 5, 3, and 1), but Providence intervened and we didn't attend. If any of you ever get the chance to visit Europe, do it! Language is not a barrier; believe me, their English is probably much better than your German (or French, Dutch, Gaelic, etc). Medix, wilkommen am EMTLife, mine freund!

Back