Waive Test?

IvyRed108

Forum Ride Along
Hello EMS family,

The time has come for me to take a refresher course, and my concern is that I do not remember a few basic things that I think I should. I know I can waive the skills test, and then attend ALL classes (as I would like), but I also think I should take the test. The problem is, if I take the test and do good at 1, 2, or 3 stations - I know I still want to take those courses anyway.

Thoughts please?

~ Ivy

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Is this for nr or a specific state? I have never heard of a refresher course that did not have a written and practical test.

OP
OP
I

IvyRed108

Forum Ride Along
New York

Hi Tim,

It's a refresher course for New York. At the beginning of the course we are tested on skills, but that test can be waived by the participant. However, the participant will then be required to take all classroom sessions for the completion of the course, as opposed to just taking the classroom sessions for being refreshed on what stations were failed during the skills test.

Thanks,

Ivy

Last edited by a moderator:

MrJones

Iconoclast
Too easy.

Take the tests.

Then, attend the classroom sessions regardless of how you did on the tests. Just because you can waive the classes doesn't mean you must waive the classes.

OP
OP
I

IvyRed108

Forum Ride Along
Mr. Jones,

Thanks, perfect advice. Exactly what I needed.

Now if I can only find my BP cuff.. (I kid, I kid)

- Ivy