US to Canada. Has anyone done it?

MontrealMedic

Forum Ride Along
Hi, guys,
a friend of mine has just passed the paramedic certification in NY and he wants to move to Montreal (he's a Canadian citizen), has anyone any experience on how to convert it, or if it is even possible?
I see some discussions about it but they're all very old ones, does anyone had any recent experience?

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Hi, guys,
a friend of mine has just passed the paramedic certification in NY and he wants to move to Montreal (he's a Canadian citizen), has anyone any experience on how to convert it, or if it is even possible?
I see some discussions about it but they're all very old ones, does anyone had any recent experience?
Holy smokes this was an old thread! Also I see your reply is from October and I'm now responding to this in December so apologies.
I'm a U.S. paramedic who successfully filed reciprocity into Canada. I'm now living and working in Vancouver BC as an Advanced Care Paramedic. The process took me about a year for licensure reciprocity and was not to difficult. I strongly recommend you check out this guy's website. I followed it exactly and it worked.
Unfortunately I have no information on other Canadian provinces, only BC. The COPR part should be the same though. Immigration is what really takes a long time to process 1-2 years possibly 3+ depending on your stream. Luckily your friend is a citizen and does.not have to worry about that part