Update.... :)

ma2va92

Forum Lieutenant
Well it has been awhile..... lots has gone on..... and was just not ready to post with out being hurtfull... I wanted to post each and every detail but thats just wasn't the way to handle this

First we are a 100% volunteer unit

See our Capt. and I have been head butting for many many month .... Now most ppl on the squad knew that this was going on and didn't like the way he was acting.. but never wanted to speak up.. because he was Captian and a NR EMT-P ppl feared him.. I on the other hand, am not a political person and will tell it as I see it. And more than once pulled him on the rug in front of the OMD to address problems.. yet again the second in command and the OMD felt .. he must be right cause he is Capt.... So I held my head high and took a walk for a few months...

Being he had held this role for appox 8 years..... to me was one of the problems and that to no one else in the squad made and decisions.. things were talk about .. but once he said... da da la de da.......that was the end and his word out voted or just made it law...

I hated the fact that I was not running calls .. but now that the squad had seen ... several ppl leave along with me .. that the impact may be enough to have folks stand up and make changes.... the squad was now having call's turned over to 2nd and 3rd due squads...due to lack of ppl ..

Well to the joy of several ppl.. the Capt. finally went to far... and the local LE office had to get into it... our 1st Lt is now the Capt.. several ppl have returned to the squad.. .. things a running in a smooth manner.. by-laws have been changed so that no one is allowed to have this kind of control for this long ever again.... several different folks now take part in the running of the squad.. example .. comm. officer... supply sgt. ... Q&A officer.. ect.. not just one person..

It's nice to be back running calls and seeing new ppl wanting to join us.. and old ppl returning now that .... .. and the Best thing is

Seeing how a wrong .... in time can correct it's self.....
if you give them enough rope they will hang themself...

So anyways.. I was get the message every time I logged on to see what was new...

Hey there ma2va92! We haven't seen you around the forum lately. At least start a post in the lounge and less us know how you're doing!

So I'm in the lounge and alive and kicking.. giving a update .. :)

Take care..
Ttyl
Jim

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome Back, Jim!

THat sucks... My FD has been going problems too... we've got old members who've been doing it too long, and are usually willing to step down, but the "younger" members who want to take over are going to cause the whole place to come crashing down. I've not been in the fire station for amost 2 years because I was almost thrown out for a BS complaint against me.