update your opinion of ePCR, please

mrg86

Forum Crew Member
The county where I work started using ESO in 2010. There were some teething problems for the first 6 months but after that it has been fine. A BLS report takes me about 15-20 min to complete. Now I'm using FISDAP for paramedic school and I hate it with a passion.

AlphaButch

Forum Lieutenant
We've been using ePCR and Ipads for almost two years now. There's a little transition time for folks to get used to the software, but from the management perspective - I wouldn't trade our ePCR system for paper ever.

The biggest upside is the amount of data that can be collected and then sorted quickly so that decisions can be made. We can track almost anything (if you include the GPS and RFID units). Run metrics on anything (IV percentages, Intubations, etc) so we can monitor for training needs.

QA/QI is alot smoother and faster than paper. This is especially important in our system as we do 100% QA.

Billing is smoother and faster, has better screening and compliance controls than most folks can provide using a paper system.

I still don't like that facilities near us aren't up to speed on paperless though, that's still a hassle. As I would much prefer being able to just "bump" over my report and information directly to them, as it is we end up having to put in a fax with it.