::UNIFORM::

OP
OP
Rangat

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
Ok, slight misunderstanding-

there are some medics that wear military style flight suits, but thats basically for the extra sharp protection, and fire resistance. Here it never really gets cold, so all flight suits normally used on the road are not too thick material... Our flight suits are also very comfortable and professional.
B) I like the flight suit image more because it not only radiates academical knowledge, but action. :ph34r:

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
paid crew:
white shirt, gray whacker pants. some days i dress my shirt with name bar over left pocket, emt collar brass and company name tag. some mornings i yank the shirt from the dryer and run out the door. badge only on my jacket.

vollie agency:
duty uniform: blue polo blue pants.
bike uniform: different blue polo, blue shorts
dress uniform: button down l/s blue shirt. straight legged blue pants.
badge with all of them(it is a state agency after all)

i like jump suits but am not allowed to wear them :angry: :( :angry:

emtbuff

Forum Captain
With the vollie squad I run with we can pretty much wear what ever we want. We for the most part tend to stick with a pair of jeans, and our t-shirts or polos that have either EMS on the front and back or sometimes just the name with the ambulance squad on, or other similar variations. Sometimes people show up in shorts which I really don't like to see but depending on the call it is accepted.

Margaritaville

Forum Lieutenant
Summer time - T-shirts/EMS pants
Fall winter spring - Uniform shirts/straight pants

Everything we wear is navy blue. Makes us all look thin! LOL

To be seen on roadway - Green Safety vests - Looks like highway workers but at least you see us.

Volly station - what ever I grab. Night time - flannel pj bottoms/ tank top - Day time what ever I am wearing. Remember I wear fire gear, too.

I only dislike jumpsuits because you can't wear them with fire gear. Least I won't! :ph34r:

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Our full "station" uniform is navy blue Nomex shirt and pants with a badge. The only people I've had confuse me for a cop though are little kids. Most adults realize that if you don't have a gunbelt on, you're a firefighter. Plus, the cops around here wear black (municpal PD) or green and tan (sheriffs).

Most of the time, I wear a department t-shirt and my turnout pants when responding. If its cold, I'll wear my jacket or sweatshirt with that. I'm usually only in the full uniform for meetings and drills.