Uniform tops (ladies on here help me out!)

Pamela

Forum Crew Member
So I start my clinicals next week and I have my pants and boots and all that. But since I'm a little on the small side I'm having a hard time finding a shirt that doesn't swallow me up. Where do yall gets yours? Do you just suck it up and swim around in your shirts? I feel a little doofusey in my uniform already so help me out here. I have longs legs so with pants at my belly button I feel like my torso looks this big. Thanks yall!

Epi-do

I see dead people
I can tell you that for my program, they offered womens and mens uniforms. That way you could get what fit you best.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
Yea, welcome to EMS. Unless you get your uniform tailored, its probably not going to be very flattering. As long as it is comfortable and yet still professional, you are good to go. Besides, with long legs and being slender, the less you leave to the imagination of the male EMS population the better!

OP
OP
Pamela

Pamela

Forum Crew Member
Haha I don't want my shirts tight but I feel like it's a hinderance how loose they are. I'm sure this all seems kinda trivial but I just want to look profesional and not like some little girl trying to play in the big kids world, ya know?

traumaangel26

Forum Crew Member
you will never find shirts that fit you correctly. This job is a mans world and we work in it. Just get a small and tuck it in and pull it out a little.

princess

Forum Crew Member
Speaking of tucking it in...unless you have an extra 15 minutes or so, cut the tails off! Otherwise they reach your knees!!!

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
We all look dorky in uniforms. If your patient care is efficient, competent and professional, you will look fine.

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
What kind of shirt?

For our clinicals, we have to wear white polos. They have x-small thru xxx-large at Target for $12.99. I have 10 of them cuz they get so gross.

PS, thanks for the tip on cutting it off. It takes me forever to get it all tucked in well. I never thought about that!