Ulna soreness/pain while lifting patients, please advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVALANCHE

Forum Probie
Hey guys, I'm a new EMT and we mostly have dialysis patients so it's a lot of draw sheeting. I'm in okay shape, kind of muscular build but don't really work out. I'm getting worried though, when we draw sheet (but not usually when lifting the gurney) and we're lifting a patient, the middle of my ulnas hurt, directly on the outside of my forearm in between my elbows and wrists. It feels like a soreness that'll go away eventually but it's happened several times (I think I'm lifting properly, like a curl). Are they going to snap when lifting a heavy patient? What am I doing wrong?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Used to be sore for me too. I used to joke with my parents that I was (jokingly) worried that they were gonna snap when I lifting a patient.

OP
OP
AVALANCHE

AVALANCHE

Forum Probie
Used to be sore for me too. I used to joke with my parents that I was (jokingly) worried that they were gonna snap when I lifting a patient.

I keep picturing those damned arm wrestling videos where someone's forearm suddenly snaps backwards!! So nothing really to worry about then?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Sorry. no medical advice, per this rule:
To ensure the safety of everyone, EMTLife participants are not allowed to provide or seek medical advice via the forum, private message, or via EMTLife's email feature. Information contained on or made available through EMTLife is not intended to and does not constitute medical advice or recommendations of any kind. Participants seeking medical advice or treatment should contact their physician or local emergency services.

Status
Not open for further replies.