Trying to get something going

Straycoyote

Forum Ride Along
Hey folks! So I've been trying to find employment for a while as an EMT-B. I jumped through hoops trying to get a job next county over, got my uniform and filled out my w4 & i9, and then told they have to wait for my last run report before they can tell me if I'm "officially hired". I called two weeks ago and found this out. They told me they would call back sometime the next week once they got the report in and let me know. Well surprise, I haven't heard from them. I want to call and ask what's up, but I don't want to irk the office lady and screw myself.

So in the meantime, I am looking for something. Hopefully something paid, or just something I can do to gain some more EMT experience. Any advice on how I can proceed with the ambulance job or what I can do in the meantime would be greatly appreciated.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Two things

1. Gussy up (civilian clothes, cover your tats and remove the facial piercings ;) ) and walk in to ask.
2. Go get a job at Big-O Tires or Lowe's/Home Depot for the foreseeable future.
3. Keep fattening your resume with vollie gigs and classes and keep your record clean.