trauma shear/o2 wrench in one?

hoeyxd

Forum Probie
does this exist? the other day i was thinking of picking up a pair of shears and an o2 wrench until i though, why not both?

i'm thinking a pair of shears with the o2 key hole on the blade, i have yet to find something like this.

ArcticKat

Forum Captain
Did you google?

Trauma shears with a saw, bottle opener, can opener, and yes...an O2 wrench.

ArcticKat

Forum Captain
Where'd my link go?

Coulda swore I posted a link to them...

http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum4531.php

Eleven tools in one! Hardened stainless steel, 8" long, approx. wt. 5 ozs. Cutting blades detach to accommodate handy lightweight saw. Rescue shears, opener, grasper, bottle and can opener. B.P., stethoscope and oxygen tubing, and oxygen bottle opener.

I used to have a pair...they do everything but actually cut clothing, and if you try, you'll just get sued for causing more injuries with the sharp tips..

Last edited by a moderator:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Is the O2 wrench nonsparking?

In case there's say gasoline pooled around the patient.
Buy a nice plastic wrench and attach to the shears handle with a split key ring or aluminum carabiner. Maybe string a spare "O" ring gasket on there too

ArcticKat

Forum Captain
Naw, then I'd just lose three things instead of just the 5 or 6 pairs of shears I misplace every year.

drguitarum2005

Forum Ride Along
One pair of my shears has an o2 key on them. Works great for when the o2 key has fallen off its tether to the regulator! I haven't been able to find another pair of these in the store but ADC makes this pair.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 672
OP
OP
H

hoeyxd

Forum Probie
One pair of my shears has an o2 key on them. Works great for when the o2 key has fallen off its tether to the regulator! I haven't been able to find another pair of these in the store but ADC makes this pair.

this is exactly what i was looking for, thanks. i tried google, perhaps the words i chose in the search weren't working.