Training Locations in San Antonio, TX

barrett052

Forum Ride Along
I will be moving to San Antonio soon with my family. I currently an NREMT but my cert will expire in Feb 14. I have not completed enough CEUs due to the demands of my current job. Which is not EMS related by the way. However, I want to take an EMT class again once I get to San Antonio. I have only been able to find two colleges that offer the program so far through internet search. Does anyone know of any other places in San Antonio that offer the EMTB course?

Percomonline

Forum Ride Along
Online Course and Clinical Sites in SA

Hi Barrett052!

Have you thought about doing a self-paced, online course that has clinical sites in San Antonio? If so, PERCOMOnline can assist you with that. We are a Nationally Accredited NREMT Program with some of the best tuition prices in the industry!

Please visit our website, or call 325-480-2617 to find out more!

PERCOMONLINE.com

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
-Schertz EMS
-UT Health Science Center (two different branches within that system*)
-San Antonio College (also two different branches*)
-Palo Alto College I think
-911 Training concepts

I would recommend either Schertz EMS or UTHSC-SA. Schertz will also be your cheapest option, but the class fills quickly. I've never known anyone personally who went through 911 Training Concepts, but I know the guy who runs the program. He's a great instructor who used to run an EMT and Paramedic class out of San Marcos. So that may be a good option as well.

* These schools have an "Initial Education" branch, and a "Continuing Education" branch. Each branch is run by a different coordinator, and is an entirely separate class. The classes on the initial education sides will give you college credits, while the classes on the continuing education will not. If you choose SAC, I would recommend the initial ed side. If you choose UTHSC-SA, either side is good.

Last edited by a moderator: