Training in So.Cali?

TheyCallMeNasty

Forum Crew Member
Im looking for a good program in southern cali. I went to a private emt school 6 months ago and it was a joke it was the equivilant of an online class.
I just want to hear from you guys what are some good legit programs. Right now alot of emt classes I found dont start till jan. im looking for something that starts a little earlier than that.
thank you

Sir Young

Forum Probie
I've heard good things about the program at SaddleBack College too:

http://www.saddleback.edu/hs/emt/

Like Tonester said, I too am about 1/3 the way through my program at saddleback and so far have nothing but good things to say. It was a heck of a task to get into the program, but that was mainly due to me not having previous credits at the school. If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask i'll try and help ya.

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
Based out of UCLA is the Daniel Freeman School. Very First Paramedic school and still one of the best paramedic programs in the country from what I here, they have EMT as well

http://www.cpc.mednet.ucla.edu/SRRS/

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Based out of UCLA is the Daniel Freeman School. Very First Paramedic school and still one of the best paramedic programs in the country from what I here, they have EMT as well

http://www.cpc.mednet.ucla.edu/SRRS/

Not so much, since LACoFD made them one of their preferred programs to send the firefighter's their forcing to become medics to.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Im looking for a good program in southern cali. I went to a private emt school 6 months ago and it was a joke it was the equivilant of an online class.
I just want to hear from you guys what are some good legit programs. Right now alot of emt classes I found dont start till jan. im looking for something that starts a little earlier than that.
thank you

The reason most programs don't start til January is because most GOOD programs are run by colleges, on the college's semester system. You've missed the start of Fall term, so, will need to wait for the Spring term. Could always do the slightly accelerated Winter session, there are some school's which will run an EMT class during this time period.

RoadZOmbie

Forum Crew Member
I'm in the same boat. Not sure where to go but all the paramedics tell me to go to a community college. They say the curriculum is the same.

ngbacon

Forum Probie
I went to Laguna-Capistrano ROP in San Juan Capistrano. I know there are a few other ROP's that offer the class out there also. It is very much a do it yourself type of class. You will benefit the most from it if you participate a lot, form a study/practice group and read the book. The best thing about it was it only cost me $40 for the class and $90 for the book. A heck of a lot cheaper than anywhere else. I started the class in September, finished in January and took and passed the NREMT at the end of March. I think its a decent program. You get out of it what you put in.

ollie

Forum Crew Member
currently im in the pasadena city college emt course its very tough professors are super down to earth and have the best stories to go with our lectures past students have said that the class test were actually harder than the nremt good luck finding a good school

jamesemtla

Forum Ride Along
Good EMT programs

Pasadena city College is very good but hard to get into because of the demand. Also there is no winter courses because of budgets cuts and so on they did away with the winter session. UCLA is also good.

jamesemtla

Forum Ride Along
Pasadena

By the way I finished the course in Pasadena and it was harder than the NREMT. I was really worried when I went to take the NREMT, but found that I was well prepared. I would recommend Pasadena over any course.