Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Not yet. Havent' got past the ER docs and a telephone consult. Gotta love military insurance. Takes for freakin ever to get anything done.

richmedic101

Forum Probie
One off the wall question. Is she being treated over the counter for any toenail fungus or related skin disorders? I know that with some perscription medications added with some of the topic over the counter treatments can cause prolonged QT syndrome. Otherwise, I would have to agree with the possibility of ammonia toxicity. I don't know much about it though. Hope that helps. Good luck and god bless.

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
I have run on a few of these over the past year. One of the Doc's had a very professional diagnosis for it. I will try to get back to you with it. my best wishes to your family and I hope she is doing well.

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Thank you for all y'alls well wishes. We had another EKG this morning, off of which they sent us directly to the Nemours clinic in Pensacola.

We are definantly facing Long QT Syndrome. They gave us a lot of literature, in addition to a lengthy explanation, but this is it.. LQTS

But, today she feels great. And she is ECSTATIC she doesn't have to do all that running they make'em do in PE anymore. Oh, have to love the 11 y/o perspective on it.

PhillyMedic

Forum Probie
try getting a halter monitor, maybe she had a run of PSVT or Vtach that caused the unresponsiveness. If it were my kid I'd be see all doctors from head to toe, including getting a CT scan

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
EMTPrincess said:
But, today she feels great. And she is ECSTATIC she doesn't have to do all that running they make'em do in PE anymore. Oh, have to love the 11 y/o perspective on it.

I was 11 once, too (Last week, I think).... Just be happy for the good things.

Jon

pfmedic

Forum Lieutenant
Im usually a pretty logical guy, but...

I think God tried to pull the plug because he felt there was a quality of life issue with your child... although I dont know how advanced the aspergers is in this particular circumstance.

On the same subject, I also attribute SIDS to God changing his mind. My ex gets angry because she says God doesn't change his mind... but she's pretty stupid. Maybe thats why she's my ex.

On the more scientific side, there could be a malfunction or underdevelopment of the medulla. I have not read anyone elses comments because I didnt want them to influence my thinking on the problem. What an interesting call that must have been for everyone.

hfdff422

Forum Lieutenant
pfmedic said:
I think God tried to pull the plug because he felt there was a quality of life issue with your child... although I dont know how advanced the aspergers is in this particular circumstance.

On the same subject, I also attribute SIDS to God changing his mind. My ex gets angry because she says God doesn't change his mind... but she's pretty stupid. Maybe thats why she's my ex.

On the more scientific side, there could be a malfunction or underdevelopment of the medulla. I have not read anyone elses comments because I didnt want them to influence my thinking on the problem. What an interesting call that must have been for everyone.

I just don't even know where to begin..... LOGICAL??!! Holy crap. I don't want to get booted off of here, so I won't say what I really, really want to say. I'll just say, go and keep trying to raise money for your bigfoot expedition. I am not kidding folks- this is his home page http://pfmedicsworld.blogspot.com. Moderators, I am sorry. I know I have had some spirited discussions in the past with people, but I would not disrespect them because they had reasonable arguments, I just don't even know............

Margaritaville

Forum Lieutenant
What!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry PF medic you may want to keep your typing opinion to yourself on this subject.

All I can say is - Maybe your ex is your ex because she is truly "smart".

hfdff422

Forum Lieutenant
Margaritaville said:
Sorry PF medic you may want to keep your typing opinion to yourself on this subject.

All I can say is - Maybe your ex is your ex because she is truly "smart".
That is one of the things I refrained from saying.

emtff99

Forum Lieutenant
Hopefully everything is going ok with your daughter.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
pfmedic said:

I've lost five children to SIDS...

I think your brain needs an enema.. Maybe she's your ex because your an idiot?

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
pfmedic said:

I won't refrain from expressing my opinion...and when I am through, if one of the Admins wants to slap my hands, go for it.

You *******. Did you really just say to me that my child should suffer and possibly die because she has Aspergers! You know nothing of me or my child, yet you make the broad statement that she has quailty of life issues. Do you even know anything about Aspergers? You know nothing of my daughter and her quality of life. She is one of the most active 11 year olds you just may find, while maintaining straight A's.

Then you decide to continue with parents of SIDS babies were blessed with their children by MISTAKE!! Perhaps you were allowed to live by mistake. Perhaps God missed when he meant to take you out!

So what your girlfriend left you. It is blazingly obvious she had no intentions of wasting her time on an uncaring, big mouthed ***. How about you go crawl back under the rock you came out of. Then when you grow up and deal with the fact that she is gone and you don't get to take your hurt out on everyone around you, come back once your human again.

Issuing an apology for what you may or may not say is not acceptable.

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
emtff99 said:
Hopefully everything is going ok with your daughter.

Thank You.

Today was a bad day, very lightheaded, nausea, weak. But it was preceeded by 5 glorious days of feeling great.

I guess this is just how it will be.

emtI

Forum Crew Member
pfmedic said:

Moron. What a callous, insensitive thing to say. I think that you didn't think. If you had, you would have known better than to post something so disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.