The tragic death of my friend

FutureFlightMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Hello, everyone. I have not written in a long time, there have been some busy times going on for me, but I wanted to share the tragic news about my good friend. I worked in ED with him, and found out that he was killed this weekend while on his way home from work by a drunk driver. He was also a FF/EMT, and worked side by side with me on many traumas in ED. It was always so nice to have him there during a trauma-he was such a calming presence amid the chaos. I miss him dearly-I can't believe he's gone; I just saw him the night before he died! It's so difficult to understand how such a bright, young life that did so much to help others in their time of need couldn't be helped in his own. I just wanted to ask for thoughts and prayers, and maybe some advice for those who have been there, too.

Epi-do

I see dead people
I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers will go out to his friends and family as they attempt to come to terms with such a tragic ending to a young life.

AndiBugg

Forum Crew Member
I'm so sorry to hear your news, my thoughts and prayers go out to you, his family and friends.

TheDoll

Forum Captain
it is good of you to write about him in such a caring way. honoring someone upon their death is a wonderful and touching thing to do. from the bottom of my heart you have my sympathy. please take care.
i hope that it is okay and appropriate for me to post this poem. if you like it, i hope that it brings the comfort that it brought to me and my family. i chose this and read it recently at my grandfather's funeral.
To Those Whom I Love And Those Who Love Me

When I am gone, release me, let me go
I have so many things to see and do
You must not tie yourself to me with tears
Be happy that I have had so many years

I gave you my love, you can only guess
How much you gave me in happiness
I thankyou for the love each have shown
But now it is time I travelled on alone

So grieve a while for me, if grieve you must
Then let your grief be comforted by trust
It is only for a while that we must part
So bless the memories in your heart

I will not be far away, for life goes on
So if you need me, call and I will come
Though you cannot see or touch me, I will be near
And if you listen with your heart, you will hear
All of my love around you soft and clear

Then, when you must come this way alone
I will greet you with a smile and a
“Welcome Home”

-Mary Alice Ramish-
Sent in by Kelly in memory of Ben.

gretchen

Last edited by a moderator:

FF/EMT Sam

Forum Lieutenant
My condolences. I will keep his family in my prayers.

WannaBEMT

Forum Crew Member
I do know about loss and I am kinda going through some stuff you are right now, there is a post about my situation if you want to know. I want you to know that I am here if you need to talk, please PM me if you are interested and I will give you my e-mail. My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family. I am so so sorry. I am a person of faith, but it is hard to understand or accept that BAD things happen to GOOD people all the time, and it just doesn't seem right or fair:sad: , that is OK to feel! Utilize your pals at work, here and people that have been through what you are going through, get counseling if you need/want it. But please remember I am a click of the keys away if you want my shoulder!

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))

Jenn

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
The heavens opened up and the angels began to weep and our souls started to cry, together we will hold this person and his family and friends in our thoughts and prayers........-_-

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
I haven't been there in a while, but what helped us was to go out onto the beach under a full moon, drink a few beers, and talk about the good times. You may not do it now, maybe not next week, but eventually you'll be able to.

It's never easy. Sorry to hear about the loss. Drunk drivers really suck. :-(