The "Green Machine" is moving to in to Houston and Dallas!

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
It was announced today that NorthStar EMS (Houston, Tx.) is selling their operation to Acadian Ambulance, thus opening a new market door for the Green Machine in Houston and Dallas, along with another expansion in the Beaumont / Port Arthur area.

More details to come along with a press release.....................

The best of luck to the current NorthStar EMS employees!

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
It was announced today that NorthStar EMS (Houston, Tx.) is selling their operation to Acadian Ambulance, thus opening a new market door for the Green Machine in Houston and Dallas, along with another expansion in the Beaumont / Port Arthur area.

More details to come along with a press release.....................

The best of luck to the current NorthStar EMS employees!

Where was this announced at? I've known this was coming but it hasn't been released to our folks yet.

Sent from my electronic overbearing life controller

OP
OP
F

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
Where was this announced at? I've known this was coming but it hasn't been released to our folks yet.

It was announced in Houston at an employee meeting.

Nervegas

Forum Lieutenant
Going to be hard for them to break into the Dallas market, I was under the impression Northstar ran mainly in the Denton/Mckinney areas, and north of that. Us and AMR have most of the major IFT and 911 contracts in the Dallas area, and I know that our hospital contracts will never go away since the hospital systems are our sponsors. But it is good to see a reputable company coming into the area, maybe they can push out some of the smaller, *cough* less reputable companies we see hanging around.

OP
OP
F

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
Going to be hard for them to break into the Dallas market........................... and I know that our hospital contracts will never go away since the hospital systems are our sponsors.

No, it's not going to be hard for them. They have the money, the business plan and development team to enter any market out there. They can provide the quantity of service at the bottom dollar price. No other organization can match the economics. AMR is at a disadvantage right now as they recently went private, Acadian is strong as an employee owned company. Also, NorthStar's current operation is profitable and successful. I think you'll be surprised!

Also, if there is one thing I have learned over the last two decades, it is NEVER say NEVER.

Nervegas

Forum Lieutenant
No, it's not going to be hard for them. They have the money, the business plan and development team to enter any market out there. They can provide the quantity of service at the bottom dollar price. No other organization can match the economics. AMR is at a disadvantage right now as they recently went private, Acadian is strong as an employee owned company. Also, NorthStar's current operation is profitable and successful. I think you'll be surprised!

Also, if there is one thing I have learned over the last two decades, it is NEVER say NEVER.

I agree completely with the AMR part, but I don't see how they would push CareFlite off of the hospital contracts with Methodist, Baylor, Parkland, THR and JPS. Seeing as how those hospitals are our board of directors in the first place. Im sure they will compete for our other IFT and 911 contracts, but the bulk of what we do is IFTs between those hospital systems or from them to another facility, that and our air stuff. Our 911 contracts in JoCo and HillCo are pretty stable too, would be tough to undercut those, plus they just renewed both of them through 2015 I believe. But I do agree about Acadian being a top notch service, and that they will definitely bring competition to the area, I'm just not sold on them being able to push CF out.

OP
OP
F

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
I agree completely with the AMR part, but I don't see how they would push CareFlite off of the hospital contracts with Methodist, Baylor, Parkland, THR and JPS. Seeing as how those hospitals are our board of directors in the first place. Im sure they will compete for our other IFT and 911 contracts, but the bulk of what we do is IFTs between those hospital systems or from them to another facility, that and our air stuff. Our 911 contracts in JoCo and HillCo are pretty stable too, would be tough to undercut those, plus they just renewed both of them through 2015 I believe. But I do agree about Acadian being a top notch service, and that they will definitely bring competition to the area, I'm just not sold on them being able to push CF out.

The point is to not be too secure in your assumptions. CF could be gone tomorrow, next week, or next year. No one knows until the action comes. Much larger and more prominant companies have vanished over the years, again anything is possible. Who's to say that all of your current hospital systems will survive the next few years? 911 contracts can and are broken at a constant rate, so those are never as stable as one thinks. Plus here is the $64K question of the day. Who's to say that CF will not sell out to Acadian as well?

Be comfortable, but never believe you have the false sense of security that you are currently perceiving.......................

Shishkabob

Forum Chief

Eh, CF really only has the organ donation aspect of JPS, and not the patient aspect. MedStar IS the exclusive IFT and 911 agency in Fort Worth (and 14 other cities) by law. ;)

CF just does organ transports for cheaper :p

Did CF take Parkland from AMR? Ouch.

Last edited by a moderator:

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I'm fairly certain for all of the "exclusive" language written into the contracts, Parkland uses everyone. I do one or two a week out if there, and we do a fair number of vent calls out of Presby.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Ya know, we really need to some sort of North Texas meetup...

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Psh, I've been in that land my whole life :D

I got my FTO schedule, SOOO any of the days I'm not savings lives is good.

Nervegas

Forum Lieutenant
Psh, I've been in that land my whole life :D

I got my FTO schedule, SOOO any of the days I'm not savings lives is good.

I agree, I work Sun-Wed and have Thurs-Sat off. Beer would be good.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
What's your beef with Acadian?

I have never heard anyone that works for them consider it to be a Top Notch company is all, I have heard the opposite infact(except for good pay).