the 100% directionless thread

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Yup. It's ridiculous. So i'm just going to collect unemployment while doing school or finding a job at a more professional company.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Lesson of the day: Don't be late to work.

You're claiming they're unprofessional but you're the one who can't show up on time.

P.S they can fight paying you unemployment because they fired you for cause. It was your own fault you got fired.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Also they might not be firing you just because you're late/absent. You seem to be getting injured a lot which means you're becoming a liability to them and they found a reason to cut you.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Our company only allows a total of 7 'occurances' Any tardy or absence counts as an occurance, even with Dr's notes. I had 6 tardies (how do you spell tardies... aha) and after my injury 7 absences in the past 12 months. I was placed straight to final warning (no verbal, no written, straight to final) in June. Last week I injured my back and was out for 3 days, this placed me over. I was cleared for work on 8/10, told to come in early 8/11 because it was going to be busy in the morning. Morning of 8/11 I was told to not come in and I was suspended indefinitely due to the absences. Then I was called and told to come in today. When I went in today I was discharged. And told of the policy where everything is combined.

Just got a call from one of my friends though about a place a little farther north of me dispatching for a private emergency service (ala life alert) for a pretty good pay, and there's several openings apparently :) So maybe this is for the better.

But I'm pretty sure I'm eligible for unemployment since after my "going straight to final warning" I had no occurances other than the injury one. And my parents told me that they would pay for phlebotomy school as well. Unemployment covers all of my bills :)

You were late for work 6 times in 12 months? I've had 5 tardies (we call em failure to reports) in 16 years. Quit whining and get a watch :p

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Dissected a sheep's pulmonary system today. I never got to do anything this cool in EMT class!

Also, the EMT who was working on the truck I did all of my rides with for my HS elective credit popped in today, cool to see him after a couple of years. He couldn't believe that I was in medic school.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
Just bring her Kit-Kats and you'll be fine!

Hmmm yes. That was a good day.

okayokayokay,

RUN! IT'S SATAN'S RIGHT-HAND GIRL!

Better? x]

Nah, I believe chocolate covered strawberries will cool her down :D

Oh. my. goodness. I would be in Heaven! Could you give this idea to my boyfriend? It may keep him outa the dog house for a while. -_-

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
You can tell him yourself :D
But who knows, maybe he likes the doghouse better...? o_O :unsure: :rofl:

I sure as heck hope not! If he does then I'm just wasting time.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
shfd739 said:
Stupid, freaking, sunburn on my stomach..This is gonna make for a miserable shift tommorow night.

sunscreen! aloe vera does wonders. If you don't have it any sort of non-scented moisturizing lotion will help.

Good luck finding it but Surfer's Salve is my favorite, it i amazing but you have to order it online. Only place I have ever seen it in a store was in Hawaii. Makes sunburns disappear overnight, no joke!

Sasha

Forum Chief
How is it fair that work related injuries count as a "tardy" ?

He said he had six tardies seperate from that. Chronically late is a bad thing.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Why must the order up thingo at Dennys and Haggendas sound like our station alarm?

Do the powers at be not want Brown to eat? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
sunscreen! aloe vera does wonders. If you don't have it any sort of non-scented moisturizing lotion will help.

Good luck finding it but Surfer's Salve is my favorite, it i amazing but you have to order it online. Only place I have ever seen it in a store was in Hawaii. Makes sunburns disappear overnight, no joke!

Had sunscreen, reapplied after a couple hours etc. Same process as 3 weeks ago and that time I hardly turned red. Oh well. Now it's tolerable after using some motrin, and aloe with lidocaine.

Ill look up Surfers Salve though. This sure isnt our last time playing in the water and south Texas sun.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief

Brown and I went to Holiday World a week ago, and I'm still bright red... I may have to look up Surfer's Salve.

Cup of Joe

Forum Captain
I could stand in the sun all day, and if I'm playing golf, I won't burn at all. Anywhere off the golf course, and an hour in the sun with no sunscreen turns me into a lobster.