the 100% directionless thread

Scout

Para-Noid
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHF7_3Pf_YA[/YOUTUBE]

been a while my old friend

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
A useless piece of information is that by the time that 100% of readers get to the end of this passage they will realise that it actually contains no useful information whatsoever.

Who cares!

I'm on today. What should I have for lunch? Any ideas?

PS thanks for starting this thread KEV, although it does seem anti.......ummmm you?:p

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
My lieutenant likes to wait until I'm working to order the menial tasks to be done. Somebody complained tonight about crews not doing truck checks. So he waits until I lay down to take a nap (today I have been going since 7am on two hours sleep) to order a thorough truck check and says if we miss anything, I get sent home for the night. Keep in mind that I do my truck check 100% of the time. So I spent two hours going over the truck. Took anything damaged, expired, or otherwise imperfect, put it in a box by his desk, and placed the ambulance out of service. Pics to follow...

lol. I like it!

OP
OP
KEVD18

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
no filter, we put in a dedicated phone line just for the modem.

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
wow a high roller, I had to plan my internet time around when people would normally call us. My favorite were back in the napster days on 56k waiting 3 hours for a single song to download, and you couldn't do anything else on the internet while it was downloading.

Sasha

Forum Chief
wow a high roller, I had to plan my internet time around when people would normally call us. My favorite were back in the napster days on 56k waiting 3 hours for a single song to download, and you couldn't do anything else on the internet while it was downloading.

Omg! I'm a music pirate too! Aarrrr! Shiver me timbers, land ho!

OP
OP
KEVD18

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
roasted free range chicken
mashed potatoes with asiago
sage stuffing
black pepper bechamel

should be a decent meal.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
sage stuffing
black pepper bechamel

should be a decent meal.

So, take out or do you cook?

OP
OP
KEVD18

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
sage stuffing
black pepper bechamel

should be a decent meal.

Sounds good, keep some warm for me it's kind of a long drive for dinner. I've got a chuck roast and some short ribs I've been meaning to get done up one of these days.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I was just informed that my husband caught a nice winter run steelhead and that's what I'm having for dinner. Poached, with a lemon/wine sauce and some of those little fingerling potatoes left from my garden... all I need is a veggie and I'm set!

OP
OP
KEVD18

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
btw, it was delicious....

OP
OP
KEVD18

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
im bored......

OP
OP
KEVD18

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
alright sports fans, its random question time:

if i were to go out to your car right now and turn on the radio, what type of station would i be listening to? rock, jazz, rap, news/talk etc.

me: 98.1 which a bit south of me becomes a country station but is all static in my area. perfect for my iTrip.

Second

Forum Lieutenant
104.5 country

what I live in the south
wanna fight about it
just tell him i said DUH HUH

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Power, 105.9 Guess they're officially Hip Hop. Oh, and I bump it, too.

RESQ_5_1

Forum Lieutenant
Soooo......Christmas day, and we get sent 26C for 3 sick people at the retirement lodge in the town a half hour drive from here. They send me and my partner, and the Paramedic who I will be partnered with when my shift ends and his begins. Turns out, there are 7 confirmed cases of Norwalk virus and 3 of them are worse. 1 is worse than the other 2. He's confused (more than usual, according to staff). So, the paramedic locks down the facility ( under, albeit misinterpreted direction from the on call MD). Public health is at the door and noone will let them in. The paramedic then goes room to room (after we have packaged our confused pt and have an IV running) and checks every resident. We are told not to transport our pt to the hospital to reduce the infection possibility to other people (FYI, Norwalk is a norovirus spread primarily by fecal-oral route). We ended up running a whole bag into our pt and releasing him, under order from whoever. I'm not worried, the Paramedic is calling the shots. We do one more IV on one more resident, and then leave. No transports. We were on scene for 2 HOURS. I suppose it's a good thing our Paramedic has more training and education to be able to make the difficult decisions and critical thinking.