The 1 1/2 and 2 man, are examples of a _____?____ stretcher.

mcleang

Forum Ride Along
Reaction score
I'm doing an EMR course, there's a question I can't find an answer to...
The 1 1/2 and 2 man, are examples of a _____?____ stretcher.

Thanks in advance.

i dont even remember seeing anything like that in my course.. i can look it up though and see if i can find it

Is 1/2 a man an Oompa Loompa or some escaped reality TV star from TLC?

I'm not sure what that question is getting at, but let's look at what a 1 man and 1.5 man stretcher is.
A 1 man stretcher is a stretcher that can be loaded into the ambulance by 1 person alone. They tend to be like the ferno "Z" cot
http://www.ferno.com/zcot/
Once the rear wheels are on the floor of the ambulance, you pull the release handle, and push into the truck, and the legs swing under the patient.

This is all in comparison to 1.5 man stretchers that require a second attendant to load. These cots tend to be "X" frames. Once the rear wheels are on the floor, the attendant at the feet picks up the weight of the cot and pulls the release lever, while the second attendant lifts the legs, and the cot can be pushed into the ambulance.

THis is all in comparison to the older "2 man" cots, which required 2 attendants to lift the stretcher from the ground onto the floor of the truck, but I dont think these exist anymore.

Does this help at all?

Back