Test Preparation

Colt45

Forum Lieutenant
Hello all. I am going to take my FP-C test in about a week. I took the IA Med class and have self studied for about a month since ( pretty heavily. Anywhere from 4-6 hours a day). I wanted some more test preparation exams and as easy as Google is- the best I found was ACESAT or FlightbridgeED. I decided to pay the money to get 4 exams from flightbridge.

I am just curious to see those who have taken these exams from flightbridge. Are they harder or equal to the FP-C? I'm doing okay on them I have missed some dumb questions by moving to quickly but I am just about where there vast majority are scoring on exams. Any information on your experience using these test preps would be awesome. It hasn't been brought up in awhile and I'm sure others will benefit from relevant information. Thanks.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I did FBE’s test prep for the CCP-C. Personally, I didn’t find it very helpful for that exam.

The tests also had a limited number of questions in their bank so I saw it cycle through a few times, which wasn’t too helpful.

All that said, this was some time ago so they may have broadened their test questions.

Honestly you’re probably as about ready you’re going to be for your exam based off of the studying you’ve already done. GL.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I used IA Med, FlightBridgeED, ACE SAT, Back to Basics, and the online test from ASTNA Patient Transport: Principles and Practice. I felt ACE SAT was the closest to what FP-C was like.

OP
OP
Colt45

Colt45

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks guys for your replies. I did the original IA med course and passed their final. I did one flight bridge ed course and tbh I got a 66%. 72% is passing. I retook another exam a few days later ( you get 4) and got an 85. There were a few repeat questions for sure. I'm just trying to Guage my readiness at this point. Like most people I've talked to study for 6 months. This is coming from a larger FD where most had to self study in books- there weren't any options for review courses and certification courses such as IAMED when they took the test. But I've probably put in a good month and a half of heavy studying ( like I said 4-6 hours daily. )

There are still questions I look and and question. Which is the worrisome part. Or just questions I outright don't know. But I remember taking Nremt-p and stopping at 75 questions and thinking I failed. Realistically I know the answer is to just go take it and see if I am ready or not but I just want to know if I'm way out of reach only preparing for 2 months with 1 month being very heavy education each day.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I took the flightbridge Ed tests and consistently scored just under passing everytime. I thought FP-C and CCP-C were easier.